laptop cannot connect to access point - Wireless

This is a discussion on laptop cannot connect to access point - Wireless ; Wireless access point running at 54MBps. 4 machines as following: Laptop 1 - 11 Mbps Laptop 2 - 54 Mbps Laptop 3 - 54 Mbps Desktop 1 - 54 Mbps All machines can see the access point. All can connect ...

  1. laptop cannot connect to access point

    Wireless access point running at 54MBps.
    4 machines as following:
    Laptop 1 - 11 Mbps
    Laptop 2 - 54 Mbps
    Laptop 3 - 54 Mbps
    Desktop 1 - 54 Mbps

    All machines can see the access point.
    All can connect to it.
    Except Laptop 2.
    It times out when trying to connect to the WAP.

    The very same laptop(compaq) had no problems connecting to a BSD
    system acting as AP and every now and then it will connect to a random
    nearby APs (there are about 5 unsecured APs around).

    I reinstalled the wireless device as my last resort and it did not
    help.

    (The access point is unsecured)

    What am I missing?

  2. Re: laptop cannot connect to access point

    Hi
    What are you using as a Wireless Manger?
    Make sure there is only one manger running.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Amchi" wrote in message
    news:1170369587.266979.327240@q2g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Wireless access point running at 54MBps.
    > 4 machines as following:
    > Laptop 1 - 11 Mbps
    > Laptop 2 - 54 Mbps
    > Laptop 3 - 54 Mbps
    > Desktop 1 - 54 Mbps
    >
    > All machines can see the access point.
    > All can connect to it.
    > Except Laptop 2.
    > It times out when trying to connect to the WAP.
    >
    > The very same laptop(compaq) had no problems connecting to a BSD
    > system acting as AP and every now and then it will connect to a random
    > nearby APs (there are about 5 unsecured APs around).
    >
    > I reinstalled the wireless device as my last resort and it did not
    > help.
    >
    > (The access point is unsecured)
    >
    > What am I missing?

+ Reply to Thread