Wireless printing is driving me nuts - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless printing is driving me nuts - Wireless ; I have a netgear dg834gt Wireless router and I am trying to get a Netgear WGPS606 Wireless print server to work with it. I am using Network magic for my networking It finds the Print Server no problem at the ...

  1. Wireless printing is driving me nuts

    I have a netgear dg834gt Wireless router and I am trying to get a
    Netgear WGPS606 Wireless print server to work with it.
    I am using Network magic for my networking It finds the Print Server
    no problem at the pc end and I can access settings etc.In the print
    server
    I stupidly assumed it would show up in my printers list and I would
    just print to it.
    If i try to add a device in network magic It does not give me an
    option to find a wireless printer.
    But i cannot find it anywhere to print to HELP before it goes out the
    window.
    Ron

  2. Re: Wireless printing is driving me nuts

    Hi
    The printer drivers need to be installed as well.
    In addition, Not all printers work well, or even at all when fitted with a
    3rd party Printer Server.
    http://www.ezlan.net/prtserver.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    wrote in message
    news:1170366736.624579.291200@v45g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
    >I have a netgear dg834gt Wireless router and I am trying to get a
    > Netgear WGPS606 Wireless print server to work with it.
    > I am using Network magic for my networking It finds the Print Server
    > no problem at the pc end and I can access settings etc.In the print
    > server
    > I stupidly assumed it would show up in my printers list and I would
    > just print to it.
    > If i try to add a device in network magic It does not give me an
    > option to find a wireless printer.
    > But i cannot find it anywhere to print to HELP before it goes out the
    > window.
    > Ron

  3. Re: Wireless printing is driving me nuts

    I have this PS and it will work well with most printer with just basic print
    functions..
    You need to install this in the Printers settings. if you have a current
    printer configuration on the PC it should have found it
    Did you have the PS connected to the PC by cable when installing it????
    Another prob could be Network magic...i ditched this as i found it very
    cumbersonme and buggy....
    I manually installed this on both my laptop and desktop so if you need
    advice i can give it a try .....

    wrote in message
    news:1170366736.624579.291200@v45g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
    >I have a netgear dg834gt Wireless router and I am trying to get a
    > Netgear WGPS606 Wireless print server to work with it.
    > I am using Network magic for my networking It finds the Print Server
    > no problem at the pc end and I can access settings etc.In the print
    > server
    > I stupidly assumed it would show up in my printers list and I would
    > just print to it.
    > If i try to add a device in network magic It does not give me an
    > option to find a wireless printer.
    > But i cannot find it anywhere to print to HELP before it goes out the
    > window.
    > Ron

  4. Re: Wireless printing is driving me nuts

    wrote in message
    news:1170366736.624579.291200@v45g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
    >I have a netgear dg834gt Wireless router and I am trying to get a
    > Netgear WGPS606 Wireless print server to work with it.
    > I am using Network magic for my networking It finds the Print Server
    > no problem at the pc end and I can access settings etc.In the print
    > server
    > I stupidly assumed it would show up in my printers list and I would
    > just print to it.
    > If i try to add a device in network magic It does not give me an
    > option to find a wireless printer.
    > But i cannot find it anywhere to print to HELP before it goes out the
    > window.
    > Ron

    It might be that the "wireless" is a red herring here.
    have you set up a printer in "Printers and faxes" as follows:
    (You will need to know the IP address of the server, and AFAIK it doesn't
    make any difference whether it's wireless or not)
    Go to Start-Printers and faxes
    double-click on Add New Printer
    Click Next
    Select Local printer. (Make suer to DEselect "automatically detect etc etc)
    Click next
    Select "Create a New Port"
    at the pull-down menu select "Standard TCP/IP port"
    next
    Next
    Type in the IP address of the server. (The port name will be automatc)
    Select Custom
    Click on settings
    Select LPR
    Input the port name (found in the Print Server settings)
    Click OK
    Next
    Finish
    Then go on to install the printer in the normal way.

    HTH

  5. Re: Wireless printing is driving me nuts

    I have the WGPS606 and set it up like this on a laptop and a desktop both
    using Windows XP SP2. I now have a laptop with Vista and it won't work.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Tammy

    "Gordon" wrote:

    > wrote in message
    > news:1170366736.624579.291200@v45g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
    > >I have a netgear dg834gt Wireless router and I am trying to get a
    > > Netgear WGPS606 Wireless print server to work with it.
    > > I am using Network magic for my networking It finds the Print Server
    > > no problem at the pc end and I can access settings etc.In the print
    > > server
    > > I stupidly assumed it would show up in my printers list and I would
    > > just print to it.
    > > If i try to add a device in network magic It does not give me an
    > > option to find a wireless printer.
    > > But i cannot find it anywhere to print to HELP before it goes out the
    > > window.
    > > Ron
    > >

    > It might be that the "wireless" is a red herring here.
    > have you set up a printer in "Printers and faxes" as follows:
    > (You will need to know the IP address of the server, and AFAIK it doesn't
    > make any difference whether it's wireless or not)
    > Go to Start-Printers and faxes
    > double-click on Add New Printer
    > Click Next
    > Select Local printer. (Make suer to DEselect "automatically detect etc etc)
    > Click next
    > Select "Create a New Port"
    > at the pull-down menu select "Standard TCP/IP port"
    > next
    > Next
    > Type in the IP address of the server. (The port name will be automatc)
    > Select Custom
    > Click on settings
    > Select LPR
    > Input the port name (found in the Print Server settings)
    > Click OK
    > Next
    > Finish
    > Then go on to install the printer in the normal way.
    >
    > HTH

+ Reply to Thread