ICS options box not appearing - Wireless

This is a discussion on ICS options box not appearing - Wireless ; I have been trying to help a friend set up an ics so he can wirelessly connect to the net on his laptop. He has bthomehub connected to his main pc running xp home sp2. The laptop is also running ...

  1. ICS options box not appearing

    I have been trying to help a friend set up an ics so he can wirelessly
    connect to the net on his laptop. He has bthomehub connected to his main pc
    running xp home sp2. The laptop is also running xp home sp2. The problem I'm
    having is that after I have ran the network setup wizard on both machines,
    when I go to network connections on his main pc and right click the local
    area connection - properties - advanced tab, there is nothing for ics, just
    the top section for windows firewall and nothing else. Does anyone know what
    I am to do to make that section appear?

    Any help much appreciated.

    Tim

  2. Re: ICS options box not appearing

    =?Utf-8?B?dGltZGFsZWZhbg==?=
    wrote in news:0BE4CB74-7644-431C-B8B3-0FA889BD7C2D@microsoft.com:

    > I have been trying to help a friend set up an ics so he can wirelessly
    > connect to the net on his laptop. He has bthomehub connected to his
    > main pc running xp home sp2. The laptop is also running xp home sp2.
    > The problem I'm having is that after I have ran the network setup
    > wizard on both machines, when I go to network connections on his main
    > pc and right click the local area connection - properties - advanced
    > tab, there is nothing for ics, just the top section for windows
    > firewall and nothing else. Does anyone know what I am to do to make
    > that section appear?
    >
    > Any help much appreciated.
    >
    > Tim

    Hi Tim --

    The computer on which you enable ICS must have two network adapters, one
    that is connected directly to the Internet and another that leads to the
    LAN. If you do not have two NICs in the machine, ICS is not displayed as an
    option. The setup should look like this:

    Internet -->> DSL/Cable modem -->> PC NIC 1 -->> PC -->> PC NIC 2 -->> LAN

    With this configuration you enable ICS on PC NIC 1.

    HTH

    --
    James McIllece, Microsoft

    Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online account
    name for newsgroup participation only.

  3. Re: ICS options box not appearing

    Hi
    ICS need the two computers being connected trough regular Ethernet network
    (Wired or Wireless). As is Bluetooth is not a regular Ethernet Network
    device.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "timdalefan" wrote in message
    >I have been trying to help a friend set up an ics so he can wirelessly
    > connect to the net on his laptop. He has bthomehub connected to his main
    > pc
    > running xp home sp2. The laptop is also running xp home sp2. The problem
    > I'm
    > having is that after I have ran the network setup wizard on both machines,
    > when I go to network connections on his main pc and right click the local
    > area connection - properties - advanced tab, there is nothing for ics,
    > just
    > the top section for windows firewall and nothing else. Does anyone know
    > what
    > I am to do to make that section appear?
    >
    > Any help much appreciated.
    >
    > Tim