Can't connect wireless to one computer, but can connect to another - Wireless

This is a discussion on Can't connect wireless to one computer, but can connect to another - Wireless ; I have 3 computers on my network, an EMachine, a CisNet and a Toshiba laptop all running Windows XP home edition. Recently I had to rebuild the laptop and I cannot connect to the EMachine (the main computer). The laptop ...

  1. Can't connect wireless to one computer, but can connect to another

    I have 3 computers on my network, an EMachine, a CisNet and a Toshiba laptop
    all running Windows XP home edition. Recently I had to rebuild the laptop
    and I cannot connect to the EMachine (the main computer). The laptop can
    wirelessly connect to the CisNet and print from the CisNet. The CisNet can
    connect to the laptop (wirelessly). The EMachine and the CisNet can connect
    to each other (this is wired), but the EMachine and the laptop cannot connect
    to each other, nor can the laptop use the printer connected to the EMachine.
    If I connect the laptop to the EMachine through wire, they can connect to
    each other. On the EMachine when I click on workgroup it says I don't have
    the permission to see the workgroup. I've shared and unshared files, changed
    names, redid the home network and the wireless network, but no luck. When
    setting up the home network I even wrote the network configuration to a usb
    thumbdrive in case there was a slight registry difference on the EMachine. I
    then ran the home network using the thumbdrive - still no luck. Does anyone
    have any ideas what I can do/try? I really don't want to rebuild the
    EMachine if I don't have to. Thanks.
    --
    Terri

  2. Re: Can't connect wireless to one computer, but can connect to another

    Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "TerriS" wrote in message
    >I have 3 computers on my network, an EMachine, a CisNet and a Toshiba
    >laptop
    > all running Windows XP home edition. Recently I had to rebuild the laptop
    > and I cannot connect to the EMachine (the main computer). The laptop can
    > wirelessly connect to the CisNet and print from the CisNet. The CisNet
    > can
    > connect to the laptop (wirelessly). The EMachine and the CisNet can
    > connect
    > to each other (this is wired), but the EMachine and the laptop cannot
    > connect
    > to each other, nor can the laptop use the printer connected to the
    > EMachine.
    > If I connect the laptop to the EMachine through wire, they can connect to
    > each other. On the EMachine when I click on workgroup it says I don't
    > have
    > the permission to see the workgroup. I've shared and unshared files,
    > changed
    > names, redid the home network and the wireless network, but no luck. When
    > setting up the home network I even wrote the network configuration to a
    > usb
    > thumbdrive in case there was a slight registry difference on the EMachine.
    > then ran the home network using the thumbdrive - still no luck. Does
    > anyone
    > have any ideas what I can do/try? I really don't want to rebuild the
    > EMachine if I don't have to. Thanks.
    > --
    > Terri

+ Reply to Thread