IBM Laptop and Linksys Router - Wireless

This is a discussion on IBM Laptop and Linksys Router - Wireless ; I have an IBM laptop from my office and a wireless network with a linksys router at home. Suddenly the computer stopped connecting wirelessly to my home network, but still connects wirelessly to other networks where I travel for work. ...

  1. IBM Laptop and Linksys Router

    I have an IBM laptop from my office and a wireless network with a linksys
    router at home. Suddenly the computer stopped connecting wirelessly to my
    home network, but still connects wirelessly to other networks where I travel
    for work.

    My Apple laptop connects to my home network without any problem. Linksys
    says that it is a problem with the computer, but why would it connect to
    other networks in wireless mode.

    Does anyone have any other suggestions?

    Thanks, Norm

  2. Re: IBM Laptop and Linksys Router

    Hi
    Usually it means that the configuration of the Laptop does not match any
    more to the one of the Router.
    Check the configuration and make sure that it matches.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Norm" wrote in message
    >I have an IBM laptop from my office and a wireless network with a linksys
    >router at home. Suddenly the computer stopped connecting wirelessly to my
    >home network, but still connects wirelessly to other networks where I
    >travel for work.
    >
    > My Apple laptop connects to my home network without any problem. Linksys
    > says that it is a problem with the computer, but why would it connect to
    > other networks in wireless mode.
    >
    > Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks, Norm

  3. Re: IBM Laptop and Linksys Router

    If your computer is up to date IBM just released some new drivers, Access
    Connections got updated as well as the wireless drivers, this can often
    require you to re-enter the wireless network password. Chances are the
    security level is different at work versus your home, that may explain why
    you must re-enter the password at home and not at work.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    > Hi
    > Usually it means that the configuration of the Laptop does not match any
    > more to the one of the Router.
    > Check the configuration and make sure that it matches.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Norm" wrote in message
    >>I have an IBM laptop from my office and a wireless network with a linksys
    >>router at home. Suddenly the computer stopped connecting wirelessly to my
    >>home network, but still connects wirelessly to other networks where I
    >>travel for work.
    >>
    >> My Apple laptop connects to my home network without any problem. Linksys
    >> says that it is a problem with the computer, but why would it connect to
    >> other networks in wireless mode.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    >>
    >> Thanks, Norm

+ Reply to Thread