WEP security set-up - Wireless

This is a discussion on WEP security set-up - Wireless ; Firstly thanks to all that helped me set-up my wireless Network ;-) Hi their... If u set to WEP security (this is on a belkin wireless router) via the routers user interface, u generate a key. Once generated, other PC's ...

  1. WEP security set-up

    Firstly thanks to all that helped me set-up my wireless Network ;-)

    Hi their...

    If u set to WEP security (this is on a belkin wireless router) via the
    routers user interface,
    u generate a key.

    Once generated, other PC's on the network have restricted access

    How and where do u enter the relevant info on the remote PC to allow it all
    its previous access b4 the WEP was set?

    Thankyou very much ;-)

  2. Re: WEP security set-up

    Hi

    You generate the WEP in the Router, copy the pass phrase and the hex strings
    as text in a file before you active it in the Router.

    Activate the WEP in the Router and use the copied pass phrase strings to
    paste into the Wireless Computer WEP configuration menu.

    http://www.ezlan.net/example/wep_pass

    If it works with the pass phrase "yippee"

    If it does not work use the hex string instead.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Joel" wrote in message
    newsF94204D-72BB-4475-AC83-3852080AF8BC@microsoft.com...

    > Firstly thanks to all that helped me set-up my wireless Network ;-)
    >
    > Hi their...
    >
    > If u set to WEP security (this is on a belkin wireless router) via the
    > routers user interface,
    > u generate a key.
    >
    > Once generated, other PC's on the network have restricted access
    >
    > How and where do u enter the relevant info on the remote PC to allow it
    > all
    > its previous access b4 the WEP was set?
    >
    > Thankyou very much ;-)

  3. Re: WEP security set-up

    Thankyou Jack - all sorted ;-)

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > You generate the WEP in the Router, copy the pass phrase and the hex strings
    > as text in a file before you active it in the Router.
    >
    > Activate the WEP in the Router and use the copied pass phrase strings to
    > paste into the Wireless Computer WEP configuration menu.
    >
    > http://www.ezlan.net/example/wep_pass
    >
    > If it works with the pass phrase "yippee"
    >
    > If it does not work use the hex string instead.
    >
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >

    > "Joel" wrote in message
    > newsF94204D-72BB-4475-AC83-3852080AF8BC@microsoft.com...
    > >
    > > Firstly thanks to all that helped me set-up my wireless Network ;-)
    > >
    > > Hi their...
    > >
    > > If u set to WEP security (this is on a belkin wireless router) via the
    > > routers user interface,
    > > u generate a key.
    > >
    > > Once generated, other PC's on the network have restricted access
    > >
    > > How and where do u enter the relevant info on the remote PC to allow it
    > > all
    > > its previous access b4 the WEP was set?
    > >
    > > Thankyou very much ;-)

+ Reply to Thread