not very clever!!! - Wireless

This is a discussion on not very clever!!! - Wireless ; ......have two patiot laptops...have one already connected to wireless netgear range max router set up ok all working with usb wireless adapter from belkin.......how do i set up other patriot to work have tried exact same as did with first ...

  1. not very clever!!!

    ......have two patiot laptops...have one already connected to wireless netgear
    range max router set up ok all working with usb wireless adapter from
    belkin.......how do i set up other patriot to work have tried exact same as
    did with first one... all the lights come on except theLAN 4 one that i used
    first ...have tried over again about only 100 times! can some one help
    pleeeeeze.......two patriots are different one patriot silver other
    black!!!!!!! do not have all details here ..i feel silver one not have
    adapter inside maybe i dont know?!helpppppp

  2. RE: not very clever!!!

    "sterny" wrote:

    > .....have two patiot laptops...have one already connected to wireless netgear
    > range max router set up ok all working with usb wireless adapter from
    > belkin.......how do i set up other patriot to work have tried exact same as
    > did with first one... all the lights come on except theLAN 4 one that i used
    > first ...have tried over again about only 100 times! can some one help
    > pleeeeeze.......two patriots are different one patriot silver other
    > black!!!!!!! do not have all details here ..i feel silver one not have
    > adapter inside maybe i dont know?!helpppppp

    Hi,
    Click Start >> Control Panel >> Network and Internet Connections >> Right
    click Wireless Connection and select properties.
    On the Wireless properties you will find three Tabs/options:
    General | Wireless Networks | Advanced
    Click On Wireless Networks Tab and click on Add Button.
    on the Add wireless network window click on Authentication and file the
    details for the following:
    SSID :
    Network Authentication:
    Data Encryption: WEP/WPA
    Type Key:
    Re-type-Key:
    And click [OK]
    Note if you are using the Software came with the wireless then don't check
    the check box for windows to Configure my Wireless network setting if it been
    built-in then select that box for WZC to manage your wireless.
    Read this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/more...lesssetup.mspx
    HTH.
    Regards,