Re: infrared? - Wireless

This is a discussion on Re: infrared? - Wireless ; where can i find my infared port on my computer? I don't know where it is "Yves Konigshofer" wrote: > First, enable the infrared port in the BIOS (it's usually off to conserve > battery). XP should detect its presence. ...

  1. Re: infrared?

    "Yves Konigshofer" wrote:

    > First, enable the infrared port in the BIOS (it's usually off to conserve
    > battery). XP should detect its presence. After that, just send from the
    > phone and put your phone's infrared port next to your computer's. If
    > everything works properly, XP should detect that there is an incoming file.
    >
    > I think that Nokia also has software for moving files to and from the phone.
    >
    > -Yves
    >
    > "phil" wrote in message
    > newsF5E577C-78C2-4762-BD37-1F6FD81A7E53@microsoft.com...
    > > Anyone able to tell me how you enable infrared on in windows XP. Got new
    > > nokia 6230 and want to use infrared to download photos. Any help
    > > appreciated.

  2. Re: infrared?

    dnkhooker wrote:
    > where can i find my infared port on my computer? I don't know where it is
    >
    > "Yves Konigshofer" wrote:
    >
    >> First, enable the infrared port in the BIOS (it's usually off to conserve
    >> battery). XP should detect its presence. After that, just send from the
    >> phone and put your phone's infrared port next to your computer's. If
    >> everything works properly, XP should detect that there is an incoming file.
    >>
    >> I think that Nokia also has software for moving files to and from the phone.
    >>
    >> -Yves
    >>
    >> "phil" wrote in message
    >> newsF5E577C-78C2-4762-BD37-1F6FD81A7E53@microsoft.com...
    >>> Anyone able to tell me how you enable infrared on in windows XP. Got new
    >>> nokia 6230 and want to use infrared to download photos. Any help
    >>> appreciated.

    It's usually behind a very dark red, almost black, plastic window. If
    you still can't find it, go to the website of your computer manufacturer
    and look for the User Guide for your model.

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking