Wireless connection with USB flash device - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless connection with USB flash device - Wireless ; Each time I reboot I loose the check mark in the Wireless Connection Tsb wich says "use windows to configure my wireless network settings". The system says it is connected but I can not connect to the web or view ...

  1. Wireless connection with USB flash device

    Each time I reboot I loose the check mark in the Wireless Connection Tsb wich
    says "use windows to configure my wireless network settings". The system
    says it is connected but I can not connect to the web or view other wireless
    networks.

    I have to disconnect and place the check mark back in then I can re-connect.

    Any suggestions on how to make the check mark stay permanentely?

  2. Re: Wireless connection with USB flash device

    Hi
    Check that Windows Zero Configuration (WZC) Service is Auto Starting.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    In addition, most Wireless Utilities that come with Wireless Cards switch
    Off WZC when they run.
    It might be that part of the Utility that was installed with the drivers
    loads on at StartUp and disables WZC every time that you
    start your computer.
    Check for it and disable the Original manufacturer Utility (or its service)
    if you find one.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Luis E" wrote in message
    > Each time I reboot I loose the check mark in the Wireless Connection Tsb
    > wich
    > says "use windows to configure my wireless network settings". The system
    > says it is connected but I can not connect to the web or view other
    > wireless
    > networks.
    >
    > I have to disconnect and place the check mark back in then I can
    > re-connect.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to make the check mark stay permanentely?

  3. Re: Wireless connection with USB flash device

    Hmm it sounds like perhaps you have other software running that is trying to
    control the card as well, or there is a dependence that is not set to start,
    this page may help; http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    "Luis E" wrote in message
    > Each time I reboot I loose the check mark in the Wireless Connection Tsb
    > wich
    > says "use windows to configure my wireless network settings". The system
    > says it is connected but I can not connect to the web or view other
    > wireless
    > networks.
    >
    > I have to disconnect and place the check mark back in then I can
    > re-connect.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to make the check mark stay permanentely?

  4. Re: Wireless connection with USB flash device

    Hi

    In many cases when the Wireless is installed on a computer, it installs a
    Wireless utility provided by the manufacturer of the Wireless card. The
    Wireless cannot work correctly with two utilities tying to control it (the
    original and WZC).

    If this is the case on your computer, and you want to use Windows WZC you
    have to disable the original Wireless application.

    May be this can help too.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    > Hi
    > Check that Windows Zero Configuration (WZC) Service is Auto Starting.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    > In addition, most Wireless Utilities that come with Wireless Cards switch
    > Off WZC when they run.
    > It might be that part of the Utility that was installed with the drivers
    > loads on at StartUp and disables WZC every time that you
    > start your computer.
    > Check for it and disable the Original manufacturer Utility (or its
    > service) if you find one.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Luis E" wrote in message
    >> Each time I reboot I loose the check mark in the Wireless Connection Tsb
    >> wich
    >> says "use windows to configure my wireless network settings". The system
    >> says it is connected but I can not connect to the web or view other
    >> wireless
    >> networks.
    >>
    >> I have to disconnect and place the check mark back in then I can
    >> re-connect.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions on how to make the check mark stay permanentely?

+ Reply to Thread