Want to give Internet Access to anyone - Wireless

This is a discussion on Want to give Internet Access to anyone - Wireless ; I want to be able to give anyone coming to my house internet access with comprimising the rest of my network... I have a dsl modem connected to a sonicwall that is connected to my HUB If I put a ...

  1. Want to give Internet Access to anyone

    I want to be able to give anyone coming to my house internet access with
    comprimising the rest of my network...

    I have a dsl modem connected to a sonicwall that is connected to my HUB

    If I put a wirelss router between the dsl modem and the sonicwall will this
    alow them access to the intermnet without them having access to my printers
    and other stuff on my network...

    If this doesn't work... Can I get a suggestion?

    Thanks...

  2. Re: Want to give Internet Access to anyone

    Yes, it should work. You'll want the sonicwall in the DMZ of the wireless
    router if it's important to have access to your network from the net. And I
    would suggest using perhaps an IP range of 10.0.0.xxx for the wireless
    router, and 192.168.1.yyy for your private network. What you don't want is
    both set to the same range (192.168.1.xxx)

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    "Ron...." wrote in message

    > I want to be able to give anyone coming to my house internet access with
    > comprimising the rest of my network...
    >
    > I have a dsl modem connected to a sonicwall that is connected to my HUB
    >
    > If I put a wirelss router between the dsl modem and the sonicwall will
    > this alow them access to the intermnet without them having access to my
    > printers and other stuff on my network...
    >
    > If this doesn't work... Can I get a suggestion?
    >
    > Thanks...

  3. Re: Want to give Internet Access to anyone

    "David Hettel" wrote:

    > Yes, it should work. You'll want the sonicwall in the DMZ of the wireless
    > router if it's important to have access to your network from the net. And I
    > would suggest using perhaps an IP range of 10.0.0.xxx for the wireless
    > router, and 192.168.1.yyy for your private network. What you don't want is
    > both set to the same range (192.168.1.xxx)
    >
    > --
    > David Hettel

    > E-mail or news groups.

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    > no rights.
    >

    > "Ron...." wrote in message
    > >

    > > I want to be able to give anyone coming to my house internet access with
    > > comprimising the rest of my network...
    > >
    > > I have a dsl modem connected to a sonicwall that is connected to my HUB
    > >
    > > If I put a wirelss router between the dsl modem and the sonicwall will
    > > this alow them access to the intermnet without them having access to my
    > > printers and other stuff on my network...
    > >
    > > If this doesn't work... Can I get a suggestion?
    > >
    > > Thanks...

+ Reply to Thread