File Sharing Problems - Wireless

This is a discussion on File Sharing Problems - Wireless ; We have a wired network at our office with multiple computers attached to it. We have recently purchased a wireless router for a few laptops that require wireless. I have hooked the wireless router into the wired router to give ...

  1. File Sharing Problems

    We have a wired network at our office with multiple computers attached to it.
    We have recently purchased a wireless router for a few laptops that require
    wireless. I have hooked the wireless router into the wired router to give it
    access (as if I was hooking another computer into the wired router). I now
    have internet on the laptops and can file swap with them to each other, but I
    can not get them to talk to the wired computers at all. I can not get ride
    of my wired router, because the wireless router does not have enough ports in
    the back to support the amount of computers that I have wired. What have I
    done wrong?

  2. Re: File Sharing Problems

    You bought a wireless router rather than an access point, what you need is
    an access point, not another router. Try this page and you may be able to
    turn your wireless router into an access point.
    http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    "drwyse570" wrote in message
    > We have a wired network at our office with multiple computers attached to
    > it.
    > We have recently purchased a wireless router for a few laptops that
    > require
    > wireless. I have hooked the wireless router into the wired router to give
    > it
    > access (as if I was hooking another computer into the wired router). I
    > now
    > have internet on the laptops and can file swap with them to each other,
    > but I
    > can not get them to talk to the wired computers at all. I can not get
    > ride
    > of my wired router, because the wireless router does not have enough ports
    > in
    > the back to support the amount of computers that I have wired. What have
    > done wrong?

+ Reply to Thread