Wireless Zero Configuration - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Zero Configuration - Wireless ; Hi Guys, I am having a problem whereby the Wireless Zero Configuration does not start automatically when I load windows. When I got into services, i see that the service is showing as stopped, when the type is set to ...

  1. Wireless Zero Configuration

    Hi Guys,

    I am having a problem whereby the Wireless Zero Configuration does not start
    automatically when I load windows. When I got into services, i see that the
    service is showing as stopped, when the type is set to automatic. I have to
    manually click on start everytime i turn the machine on. Is there a fix for
    this?

    Many Thanks

  2. Re: Wireless Zero Configuration

    "Mansoor Ahmed" wrote in message
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I am having a problem whereby the Wireless Zero Configuration does not
    > start
    > automatically when I load windows. When I got into services, i see that
    > the
    > service is showing as stopped, when the type is set to automatic. I have
    > manually click on start everytime i turn the machine on. Is there a fix
    > for
    > this?
    >
    > Many Thanks

    Go into the dependencies tab and see if any of those need to be started...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...

  3. Re: Wireless Zero Configuration

    Hi
    Most Wireless Utilities that come with Wireless Card, or are already
    installed on a Laptop, switch Off WZC when they run. It might be that part
    of the Utility loads on at StartUp and disables WZC every time that you
    start your computer.
    Check for it and disable the Utility (or its service) if you find one.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Mansoor Ahmed" wrote in message
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I am having a problem whereby the Wireless Zero Configuration does not
    > start
    > automatically when I load windows. When I got into services, i see that
    > the
    > service is showing as stopped, when the type is set to automatic. I have
    > manually click on start everytime i turn the machine on. Is there a fix
    > for
    > this?
    >
    > Many Thanks

  4. Zero Config.. not restarting when rebooting

    The same thing was happening to me and it cost me $100 to have a tech guy fix it. So here it is.. after re starting Zero configuration again.. go to START then to ALL PROGRAMS then find your wireless card..( wireless utilities).. I have a gateway laptop with XP.. so I have a BROADCOM WIRELESS.. go to its UTILITIES....UNCHECK.. the box that says.. LET THIS TOOL MANAGE MY WIRELESS CONNECTIONS.... press apply and ok.. you shold be go to .. $100 over a little box.. DAMMMM..

+ Reply to Thread