Will putting a cantenna in a flower planter block wireless signals. - Wireless

This is a discussion on Will putting a cantenna in a flower planter block wireless signals. - Wireless ; Hello, I live in an apartment where we're not supposed to put up antennas for wireless signals. I'm trying to share wireless internet with a neighbor. I was thinking of hiding a cantenna in a flower planter. I was wondering ...

  1. Will putting a cantenna in a flower planter block wireless signals.

    Hello, I live in an apartment where we're not supposed to put up
    antennas for wireless signals. I'm trying to share wireless internet
    with a neighbor. I was thinking of hiding a cantenna in a flower
    planter. I was wondering if putting it in the planter will allow me to
    receive wireless signals well. Thanks.

  2. Re: Will putting a cantenna in a flower planter block wireless signals.

    Hi
    As long as the Front side is not masked by the flowers it should be OK.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    wrote in message
    news:1169662165.117716.272100@a34g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hello, I live in an apartment where we're not supposed to put up
    > antennas for wireless signals. I'm trying to share wireless internet
    > with a neighbor. I was thinking of hiding a cantenna in a flower
    > planter. I was wondering if putting it in the planter will allow me to
    > receive wireless signals well. Thanks.

  3. Re: Will putting a cantenna in a flower planter block wireless signals.

    In article <1169662165.117716.272100@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>, dicktracy28@hotmail.com wrote:
    >Hello, I live in an apartment where we're not supposed to put up
    >antennas for wireless signals. I'm trying to share wireless internet
    >with a neighbor. I was thinking of hiding a cantenna in a flower
    >planter. I was wondering if putting it in the planter will allow me to
    >receive wireless signals well. Thanks.

    If its on your own private accessed balcony , they cant prevent this.

  4. Re: Will putting a cantenna in a flower planter block wireless signals.

    On 31-Jan-2007, glenzabr@nothere.xmission.com (GMAN) wrote:

    > >Hello, I live in an apartment where we're not supposed to put up
    > >antennas for wireless signals. I'm trying to share wireless internet
    > >with a neighbor. I was thinking of hiding a cantenna in a flower
    > >planter. I was wondering if putting it in the planter will allow me to
    > >receive wireless signals well. Thanks.

    I part coated an apprx 7 inch thin wall plastic flower pot
    with kitchen aluminium foil, and used a ZyDas based USB
    wireless adapter (9.99 UKPDS inc P&P) does what you
    want, fantastic. Worth a try.

+ Reply to Thread