Linksys WPC54G driver dates askew - Wireless

This is a discussion on Linksys WPC54G driver dates askew - Wireless ; Trying to decide whether to update the driver to cure a problem with pcarmdrv.exe (a Linksys file) not responding during XP SP2 shutdown, I'm confronted with a variety of driver dates. Device Manager Properties Driver Date: 2/18/2005 linksys.com download Driver ...

  1. Linksys WPC54G driver dates askew

    Trying to decide whether to update the driver to cure a
    problem with pcarmdrv.exe (a Linksys file) not responding
    during XP SP2 shutdown, I'm confronted with a variety of
    driver dates.

    Device Manager Properties Driver Date: 2/18/2005
    linksys.com download Driver Date: 7/28/2005
    linksys.com version info Driver Date: 02/11/2005

    For all sources of a date the driver version is the same:
    3.100.64.0

    How should I interpret this variety of dates when making an
    update decision?

    --David

  2. Re: Linksys WPC54G driver dates askew

    Hi
    I would log to Linksys support and download what ever is most recent there.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "J David Ellis" wrote in message
    > Trying to decide whether to update the driver to cure a problem with
    > pcarmdrv.exe (a Linksys file) not responding during XP SP2 shutdown, I'm
    > confronted with a variety of driver dates.
    >
    > Device Manager Properties Driver Date: 2/18/2005
    > linksys.com download Driver Date: 7/28/2005
    > linksys.com version info Driver Date: 02/11/2005
    >
    > For all sources of a date the driver version is the same: 3.100.64.0
    >
    > How should I interpret this variety of dates when making an update
    > decision?
    >
    > --David

  3. Re: Linksys WPC54G driver dates askew

    J David Ellis wrote:

    > Trying to decide whether to update the driver to cure a problem with
    > pcarmdrv.exe (a Linksys file) not responding during XP SP2 shutdown, I'm
    > confronted with a variety of driver dates.
    >
    > Device Manager Properties Driver Date: 2/18/2005
    > linksys.com download Driver Date: 7/28/2005
    > linksys.com version info Driver Date: 02/11/2005
    >
    > For all sources of a date the driver version is the same: 3.100.64.0
    >
    > How should I interpret this variety of dates when making an update
    > decision?
    >
    > --David

    Go with the driver version number, not the date. Note that there are
    many different hardware versions of the WPC54G, so make sure that you
    are downloading the correct driver for your hardware.

    If you want more detailed info, try asking in the appropriate forum at
    www.linksysinfo.org. You might also get help there concerning your
    issue with pcarmdrv.exe.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking