Wiireless problem? Maybe? - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wiireless problem? Maybe? - Wireless ; I have a destop with XPHome sp2, laptop with XP Pro sp2. Xonnected to the net thru a linlsys wireless router connected to a 3rd system. I attempted to set up a wireless network (shared my docs on both, printer ...

  1. Wiireless problem? Maybe?

    I have a destop with XPHome sp2, laptop with XP Pro sp2. Xonnected to the
    net thru a linlsys wireless router connected to a 3rd system. I attempted to
    set up a wireless network (shared my docs on both, printer on desktop). Both
    can "see"each other, destop can access laptop's files, laptop can't access
    shared docs on desktop. Error to the effect "you don't have permission to do
    this, contact network Admin". User acct's on both are set as admin's.
    I'm kinda lost!

  2. Re: Wiireless problem? Maybe?

    Hi
    It does not matter if the computer is wired or Wireless. If all the
    computers are on the same Network, it is a matter of configuring the Sharing
    on each computer.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of each
    computer according to what is allowed to be shared.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Al" wrote in message
    >I have a destop with XPHome sp2, laptop with XP Pro sp2. Xonnected to the
    > net thru a linlsys wireless router connected to a 3rd system. I attempted
    > set up a wireless network (shared my docs on both, printer on desktop).
    > Both
    > can "see"each other, destop can access laptop's files, laptop can't access
    > shared docs on desktop. Error to the effect "you don't have permission to
    > do
    > this, contact network Admin". User acct's on both are set as admin's.
    > I'm kinda lost!

+ Reply to Thread