Help: Problem with My Network Places - Wireless

This is a discussion on Help: Problem with My Network Places - Wireless ; My network is using WindowsXP on a desktop and I want to share some of the files with the other 2 notebooks in this network. However, for some reason when I view "My Network Places" the files that I am ...

  1. Help: Problem with My Network Places

    My network is using WindowsXP on a desktop and I want to share some of the
    files with the other 2 notebooks in this network. However, for some reason
    when I view "My Network Places" the files that I am sharing are listed
    under "The Internet" instead of "Local Network" What could be causing this
    problem? How can I correct this? Thanks for any help in correcting this
    problem.

    Jabs

  2. Re: Problem with My Network Places

    Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Jabs" wrote in message
    > My network is using WindowsXP on a desktop and I want to share some of the
    > files with the other 2 notebooks in this network. However, for some
    > reason when I view "My Network Places" the files that I am sharing are
    > listed under "The Internet" instead of "Local Network" What could be
    > causing this problem? How can I correct this? Thanks for any help in
    > correcting this problem.
    >
    > Jabs

  3. Re: Problem with My Network Places

    Thanks Jack, I found my problem in my Norton Internet Securtiy's Personsonal
    Firewalls' Trusted Zones..

    Jabs

    > Hi
    > settings, http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    > As well as specific adjustment of each computer according to what is
    > allowed to be shared.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...lesharing.mspx
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Jabs" wrote in message
    >> My network is using WindowsXP on a desktop and I want to share some of
    >> the files with the other 2 notebooks in this network. However, for some
    >> reason when I view "My Network Places" the files that I am sharing are
    >> listed under "The Internet" instead of "Local Network" What could be
    >> causing this problem? How can I correct this? Thanks for any help in
    >> correcting this problem.
    >>
    >> Jabs

+ Reply to Thread