wireless networking - Wireless

This is a discussion on wireless networking - Wireless ; I just setup 4 wireless laptop in my home networking. All computers are working properly. I just want to know how to disconnect 2 or 3 wireless laptop in my networking every 11pm or before midnight. My children seems addicted ...

  1. wireless networking

    I just setup 4 wireless laptop in my home networking. All computers are
    working properly. I just want to know how to disconnect 2 or 3 wireless
    laptop in my networking every 11pm or before midnight. My children seems
    addicted to some internet games, and they are connected 24 hrs. I want to
    give them limitations up to 10 pm only. thanks a lot.

    my networking is connected to DSL modemn and attached to wireless Belkins
    router with 4 LAN port and 1 port connected to a DSL modemn.

  2. Re: wireless networking

    bing wrote:
    > I just setup 4 wireless laptop in my home networking. All computers are
    > working properly. I just want to know how to disconnect 2 or 3 wireless
    > laptop in my networking every 11pm or before midnight. My children seems
    > addicted to some internet games, and they are connected 24 hrs. I want to
    > give them limitations up to 10 pm only. thanks a lot.
    >
    > my networking is connected to DSL modemn and attached to wireless Belkins
    > router with 4 LAN port and 1 port connected to a DSL modemn.

    Check the user guide for your router. I don't know about the Belkin
    (which model?), but many consumer-grade wireless routers provide the
    ability to set Internet access policies. Typically, you can identify
    which computers (by IP address or MAC address) can access the Internet
    and when. You also may be able to block certain websites.

    Of course, as part of your network security, you should already have
    configured a password for accessing your router's configuration utility.

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

  3. Re: wireless networking

    "bing" wrote in message
    > thank you lem for ur response. my belkin router # is f5d7230-4 version
    > 1444.
    > It would be appreciated if u could give me a website to help me configure
    > on
    > how to give limitations and internet access to my wireless connections.
    > thanks a lot

    Ummm try www.belkin.com? perhaps?

+ Reply to Thread