Connection pc to pc by CAT5 cabel - Wireless

This is a discussion on Connection pc to pc by CAT5 cabel - Wireless ; Trying to connect my laptop to my stationary since I dont have any monitor. Have managed to get connection - though only to those files which are shared. I want to connect to my documents on that stationary. How do ...

  1. Connection pc to pc by CAT5 cabel

    Trying to connect my laptop to my stationary since I dont have any monitor.
    Have managed to get connection - though only to those files which are shared.

    I want to connect to my documents on that stationary.

    How do I do this?

  2. Re: Connection pc to pc by CAT5 cabel

    Well you're going to need to share the files you wish to access, if they are
    not now shared, you'll either need to move them to the shared folder, or
    enable sharing on that folder. Generally that means you'll need a monitor to
    enable that. This page will tell you the steps to enable sharing:
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    "pierce" wrote in message
    > Trying to connect my laptop to my stationary since I dont have any
    > monitor.
    > Have managed to get connection - though only to those files which are
    > shared.
    >
    > I want to connect to my documents on that stationary.
    >
    > How do I do this?

+ Reply to Thread