Multi-OS network help - Wireless

This is a discussion on Multi-OS network help - Wireless ; A step-by-step wuide to how to set up a wireless home network would be great. Yoda - Master browser computer (wired to the router and dsl modem) running XP pro - ip address: 192.168.1.101 Deathstar - desktop running Win 2000 ...

  1. Multi-OS network help

    A step-by-step wuide to how to set up a wireless home network would be great.

    Yoda - Master browser computer (wired to the router and dsl modem) running
    XP pro
    - ip address: 192.168.1.101

    Deathstar - desktop running Win 2000 Pro
    - ip address: 192.168.1.100

    Podracer - laptop running XP Home
    - ip address: 192.168.1.102

    From Yoda I can see the other two computers in the MSHOME workgroup. I
    cannot access anything on either computer from Yoda.

    How can I set up a file sharing/printer sharing network for these computers?
    All the help I have found on the web so far is concerned only with computers
    that are all running the same OS. I have three!

    Help!

  2. Re: Multi-OS network help

    Hi
    Being Wired or Wireless is not important to the issue of Sharing Files on a
    network.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Forestfish" wrote in message
    >A step-by-step wuide to how to set up a wireless home network would be
    >great.
    >
    > Yoda - Master browser computer (wired to the router and dsl modem) running
    > XP pro
    > - ip address: 192.168.1.101
    >
    > Deathstar - desktop running Win 2000 Pro
    > - ip address: 192.168.1.100
    >
    > Podracer - laptop running XP Home
    > - ip address: 192.168.1.102
    >
    > From Yoda I can see the other two computers in the MSHOME workgroup. I
    > cannot access anything on either computer from Yoda.
    >
    > How can I set up a file sharing/printer sharing network for these
    > computers?
    > All the help I have found on the web so far is concerned only with
    > computers
    > that are all running the same OS. I have three!
    >
    > Help!

  3. Re: Multi-OS network help

    "Forestfish" wrote in message
    >A step-by-step wuide to how to set up a wireless home network would be
    >great.
    >
    > Yoda - Master browser computer (wired to the router and dsl modem) running
    > XP pro
    > - ip address: 192.168.1.101
    >
    > Deathstar - desktop running Win 2000 Pro
    > - ip address: 192.168.1.100
    >
    > Podracer - laptop running XP Home
    > - ip address: 192.168.1.102
    >
    > From Yoda I can see the other two computers in the MSHOME workgroup. I
    > cannot access anything on either computer from Yoda.
    >
    > How can I set up a file sharing/printer sharing network for these
    > computers?
    > All the help I have found on the web so far is concerned only with
    > computers
    > that are all running the same OS. I have three!
    >
    > Help!

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...g/default.mspx

+ Reply to Thread