Re: Laptop wireless problems in Vista - Wireless

This is a discussion on Re: Laptop wireless problems in Vista - Wireless ; "Kaz" wrote in message news:BC2E002F-7DB0-4D5C-8D4C-7380DBC11F09@microsoft.com... > My problem is that when starting up my laptop it does not automatically > connect to the network. This has begun since installing vista rtm. It began > as an intermittent problem but now ...

  1. Re: Laptop wireless problems in Vista

    "Kaz" wrote in message news:BC2E002F-7DB0-4D5C-8D4C-7380DBC11F09@microsoft.com...
    > My problem is that when starting up my laptop it does not automatically
    > connect to the network. This has begun since installing vista rtm. It began
    > as an intermittent problem but now is constant. I have no problems manually
    > connecting and the connection stays up with no problems once connected. The
    > wireless adaptor is Intel pro 3945abg with the latest drivers the
    > modem/router is a linksys wag54gv2 and the laptop is a Sony Vaio vgnfe28gp.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Can you post the version of 3945abg driver and what are
    settings of your router (A/G? encryption type? )

    --PA

  2. Re: Laptop wireless problems in Vista

    I have fixed the problem since my original post, other software I had
    instsalled was interfering with my wireless. All is now working as it should.

    "Pavel A." wrote:

    > "Kaz" wrote in message news:BC2E002F-7DB0-4D5C-8D4C-7380DBC11F09@microsoft.com...
    > > My problem is that when starting up my laptop it does not automatically
    > > connect to the network. This has begun since installing vista rtm. It began
    > > as an intermittent problem but now is constant. I have no problems manually
    > > connecting and the connection stays up with no problems once connected. The
    > > wireless adaptor is Intel pro 3945abg with the latest drivers the
    > > modem/router is a linksys wag54gv2 and the laptop is a Sony Vaio vgnfe28gp.
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    > Can you post the version of 3945abg driver and what are
    > settings of your router (A/G? encryption type? )
    >
    > --PA

+ Reply to Thread