Folder Permissions Problem - Wireless

This is a discussion on Folder Permissions Problem - Wireless ; Hello, I am trying to keep (Documents and Settings) folder on Host machine from being accessed by client computers on the network, but still want to allow other folders on C: to be shared. How can this be achieved? I ...

  1. Folder Permissions Problem

    Hello,

    I am trying to keep (Documents and Settings) folder on Host machine from
    being accessed by client computers on the network, but still want to allow
    other folders on C: to be shared. How can this be achieved?

    I was thinking that instead of sharing the entire C: drive, just set the
    individual folders as shared instead. Would that work?

    -S

  2. Re: Folder Permissions Problem

    Hi
    Sure it would just right click on the folder and set it up.
    Actually sharing drive C:\ as a whole is a Bad idea to begin with.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Scientific" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to keep (Documents and Settings) folder on Host machine from
    > being accessed by client computers on the network, but still want to allow
    > other folders on C: to be shared. How can this be achieved?
    >
    > I was thinking that instead of sharing the entire C: drive, just set the
    > individual folders as shared instead. Would that work?
    >
    > -S

  3. Re: Folder Permissions Problem

    Jack,

    OK, I'll try that and thanks a million. Appreciate your feedback enormously.

    -S

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Sure it would just right click on the folder and set it up.
    > Actually sharing drive C:\ as a whole is a Bad idea to begin with.
    > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
    >
    > "Scientific" wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I am trying to keep (Documents and Settings) folder on Host machine from
    > > being accessed by client computers on the network, but still want to allow
    > > other folders on C: to be shared. How can this be achieved?
    > >
    > > I was thinking that instead of sharing the entire C: drive, just set the
    > > individual folders as shared instead. Would that work?
    > >
    > > -S

+ Reply to Thread