3g card + two laptop + hub - Wireless

This is a discussion on 3g card + two laptop + hub - Wireless ; Hi there, I have two laptops running XP, one Vodafone 3G card and one netgear GT604 router. Basically I want the laptop without the internet connection to be able to access the internet through the other laptop's internet. How would ...

  1. 3g card + two laptop + hub

    Hi there,

    I have two laptops running XP, one Vodafone 3G card and one netgear
    GT604 router.

    Basically I want the laptop without the internet connection to be able
    to access the internet through the other laptop's internet.

    How would one go about it?

    Thanks

  2. Re: 3g card + two laptop + hub

    You can enable ICS. This how to may help.

    How to setup Windows ICSWindows 2000 supports both Network Address
    Translation (NAT) and Internet Confection Shading (ICS) allow workgroup
    users to access to the Internet. ...
    www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/ics.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "Duncan" wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have two laptops running XP, one Vodafone 3G card and one netgear
    > GT604 router.
    >
    > Basically I want the laptop without the internet connection to be able
    > to access the internet through the other laptop's internet.
    >
    > How would one go about it?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: 3g card + two laptop + hub

    Hi
    If you want to use the second Laptop Wirelessly, you need a wire network
    card in the computer with the 3G card.
    Connect the Router to the Internet capable computer with a cable plugged
    into a regular port,
    All IPs have to be set to 192.168.0.x in order to accommodate ICS, the
    Router has to be configured along these principle.
    Using a Wireless Router as a switch with an Access Point -
    http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    Make sure that you have a valid Wireless connection between the second
    Laptop and the Wireless router, and then configure ICS as mentioned in the
    above post.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Duncan" wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have two laptops running XP, one Vodafone 3G card and one netgear
    > GT604 router.
    >
    > Basically I want the laptop without the internet connection to be able
    > to access the internet through the other laptop's internet.
    >
    > How would one go about it?
    >
    > Thanks

  4. Re: 3g card + two laptop + hub

    On Nov 8, 4:33*pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
    wrote:
    > Hi
    > If you want to use the second Laptop Wirelessly, you need a wire network
    > card in the computer with the 3G card.
    > Connect the Router to the Internet capable computer with a cable plugged
    > into a regular port,
    > All IPs have to be set to 192.168.0.x in order to accommodate ICS, the
    > Router has to be configured along these principle.
    > Using a Wireless Router as a switch with an Access Point -http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    > Make sure that you have a valid Wireless connection between the second
    > Laptop and the Wireless router, and then configure ICS as mentioned in the
    > above post.
    > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
    >
    > "Duncan" wrote in message

    > > Hi there,

    > > I have two laptops running XP, one Vodafone 3G card and one netgear
    > > GT604 router.

    > > Basically I want the laptop without the internet connection to be able
    > > to access the internet through the other laptop's internet.

    > > How would one go about it?

    > > Thanks

    I have no cables, it is all wireless\

    Duncan