manually use Windows Update - Wireless

This is a discussion on manually use Windows Update - Wireless ; How can I manually use Windows Update to run the net.framework 3.5 version? dotNetFx35setup.exe The DL'ed file, dotNetFx35setup.exe will not complete. It hangs. Can I rename the msi*.* files in System32 and restart and retry to run the dotNetFx35setup.exe ? ...

  1. manually use Windows Update

    How can I manually use Windows Update to run the net.framework 3.5 version?
    dotNetFx35setup.exe

    The DL'ed file, dotNetFx35setup.exe will not complete. It hangs.
    Can I rename the msi*.* files in System32 and restart and retry to run the
    dotNetFx35setup.exe ?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: manually use Windows Update

    Wrong newsgroup

    Gary Adams Lsu Edu wrote:
    > How can I manually use Windows Update to run the net.framework 3.5
    > version? dotNetFx35setup.exe
    >
    > The DL'ed file, dotNetFx35setup.exe will not complete. It hangs.
    > Can I rename the msi*.* files in System32 and restart and retry to run
    > the dotNetFx35setup.exe ?
    >
    > Thank you.

  3. Re: manually use Windows Update

    Aaron Stebner's WebLog
    NET Framework Troubleshooting Guide:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/articles/454956.aspx

    Removal/Cleanup tool to fix .NET Framework install failures
    (and uninstall failures)
    http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...08/406671.aspx
    "This cleanup tool will delete shared files and registry keys
    used by other versions of the .NET Framework. So if you use it,
    be prepared to repair or reinstall any other versions of the
    ..NET Framework that are on your computer to get them
    to work correctly afterwards"

    Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
    (If all else fails)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
    Note: Read the "Summary" section of this article
    so you fully understand what the Installer Cleanup Utility
    can and can not do.

    When you try to install an update for
    ..NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, or 3.5,
    you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643"
    or Windows Installer error code "1603" :
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

    JS
    http://www.pagestart.com

    "Gary Adams Lsu Edu" wrote in message
    > How can I manually use Windows Update to run the net.framework 3.5
    > version? dotNetFx35setup.exe
    >
    > The DL'ed file, dotNetFx35setup.exe will not complete. It hangs.
    > Can I rename the msi*.* files in System32 and restart and retry to run the
    > dotNetFx35setup.exe ?
    >
    > Thank you.

  4. Re: manually use Windows Update

    On Nov 5, 6:57*pm, "Gary Adams Lsu Edu" wrote:
    > How can I manually use Windows Update to run the net.framework 3.5 version?
    > dotNetFx35setup.exe
    >
    > The DL'ed file, dotNetFx35setup.exe *will not complete. *It hangs.
    > Can I rename the msi*.* files in System32 and restart and retry to run the
    > dotNetFx35setup.exe ?
    >
    > Thank you.

    Search the Internet and manually download the .NET 3.5 redistributable
    installer.

  5. RE: manually use Windows Update

    Above is the direct MS download site.
    --
    Mad Mike

    "Gary Adams Lsu Edu" wrote:

    > How can I manually use Windows Update to run the net.framework 3.5 version?
    > dotNetFx35setup.exe
    >
    > The DL'ed file, dotNetFx35setup.exe will not complete. It hangs.
    > Can I rename the msi*.* files in System32 and restart and retry to run the
    > dotNetFx35setup.exe ?
    >
    > Thank you.

  6. Re: manually use Windows Update

    I manually tried it before the 1st post I posted here but it will not work.