limit bandwith in a LAN - Wireless

This is a discussion on limit bandwith in a LAN - Wireless ; I run a small Cyber Cafe with a ADSL 2000/128 connection. For a single user may impact the performance down or uploading, I am trying to find out if there is a way to limit up and download speed per ...

  1. limit bandwith in a LAN

    I run a small Cyber Cafe with a ADSL 2000/128 connection. For a single user
    may impact the performance down or uploading, I am trying to find out if
    there is a way to limit up and download speed per machine.

    My PCs are one of the following: Compaq PIII 1GHz, IBM PIV 1,8 GHz, DELL PIV
    1,7 GHz. All are connected to the router using switches, all run on either
    WinXP Pro SP2 o PS3.

    Thanks

  2. Re: limit bandwith in a LAN

    Rudi Hassauer wrote:
    > I run a small Cyber Cafe with a ADSL 2000/128 connection. For a
    > single user may impact the performance down or uploading, I am trying
    > to find out if there is a way to limit up and download speed per
    > machine.
    > My PCs are one of the following: Compaq PIII 1GHz, IBM PIV 1,8 GHz,
    > DELL PIV 1,7 GHz. All are connected to the router using switches, all
    > run on either WinXP Pro SP2 o PS3.
    >
    > Thanks

    This is something you'd need to configure in your wireless router, if it has
    that option.

  3. Re: limit bandwith in a LAN

    Hi
    It is not an easy task to do so with Entry Level Network devices.
    You can try to use a Router that can do Qos.Here is the idea,
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quality_of_Service
    DD-WRT is a 3rd party free Firmware for some Wireless Routers.
    This Router is a good inexpensive and can be fitted with such firmware,
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Rudi Hassauer" wrote in message
    >I run a small Cyber Cafe with a ADSL 2000/128 connection. For a single user
    >may impact the performance down or uploading, I am trying to find out if
    >there is a way to limit up and download speed per machine.
    >
    > My PCs are one of the following: Compaq PIII 1GHz, IBM PIV 1,8 GHz, DELL
    > PIV 1,7 GHz. All are connected to the router using switches, all run on
    > either WinXP Pro SP2 o PS3.
    >
    > Thanks

  4. Re: limit bandwith in a LAN

    Thanks for the replies. I will try a software solution with a program called
    "NetLimiter".
    Since I am in Uruguay I do not have access to all the latest hardware and
    have to continue with the routers that are on the market here.

+ Reply to Thread