Settings not staying after restart - Wireless

This is a discussion on Settings not staying after restart - Wireless ; I have a new HP laptop and want to connect it to my home wireless network using a linksys 54g router with WPA2-PSK AES security. I've setup the computer and it connects and works perfectly. I start it up later ...

  1. Settings not staying after restart

    I have a new HP laptop and want to connect it to my home wireless network
    using a linksys 54g router with WPA2-PSK AES security.
    I've setup the computer and it connects and works perfectly. I start it up
    later and I have to change all the settings again to get it to connect.

    Why does it keep doing this?

  2. Re: Settings not staying after restart

    Have you checked if there is a new firmware for the wireless router and new
    driver for the NIC? Also this post may help too.

    Wireless Connection Lost after Reboot
    http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=5168

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "matt" wrote in message
    >I have a new HP laptop and want to connect it to my home wireless network
    > using a linksys 54g router with WPA2-PSK AES security.
    > I've setup the computer and it connects and works perfectly. I start it up
    > later and I have to change all the settings again to get it to connect.
    >
    > Why does it keep doing this?

  3. Re: Settings not staying after restart

    yeah all drivers and firmware are up to date. going to try a clean reinstall.
    who knows...

  4. Re: Settings not staying after restart

    Hi
    Try first plain vanilla WPA (No AES) and see if it stay with the
    configuration.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "matt" wrote in message
    >I have a new HP laptop and want to connect it to my home wireless network
    > using a linksys 54g router with WPA2-PSK AES security.
    > I've setup the computer and it connects and works perfectly. I start it up
    > later and I have to change all the settings again to get it to connect.
    >
    > Why does it keep doing this?

  5. Re: Settings not staying after restart

    For troubleshooting, you may want to try clean boot.

    --
    "matt" wrote in message
    > yeah all drivers and firmware are up to date. going to try a clean
    > reinstall.
    > who knows...

+ Reply to Thread