Connecting Wireless N Router to Laptop - Wireless

This is a discussion on Connecting Wireless N Router to Laptop - Wireless ; I have a Dell Studio 17 laptop and use a ATT 3G USB wireless PC card. I would like to know how to connect my laptop to a Linksys N router to create a wireless network for a VOIP modem, ...

  1. Connecting Wireless N Router to Laptop

    I have a Dell Studio 17 laptop and use a ATT 3G USB wireless PC card.

    I would like to know how to connect my laptop to a Linksys N router to

    create a wireless network for a VOIP modem, printer, and camera in my home.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Connecting Wireless N Router to Laptop

    On Oct 30, 12:36*pm, Von Stueben
    wrote:
    > I have a Dell Studio 17 laptop and use a ATT 3G USB wireless PC card.
    >
    > I would like to know how to connect my laptop to a *Linksys N router to
    >
    > create a wireless network for a VOIP modem, printer, and camera in my home.
    >
    > Thanks

    You will need to get a Wireless N adapter installed onto the laptop,
    if you do not have one, or connect a wire to the wireless router. The
    3G wireless adapter is a cell phone style Internet access and is not a
    Wireless N WiFi style connection.

  3. Re: Connecting Wireless N Router to Laptop

    Von Stueben wrote:
    > I have a Dell Studio 17 laptop and use a ATT 3G USB wireless PC card.
    >
    > I would like to know how to connect my laptop to a Linksys N router to
    >
    > create a wireless network for a VOIP modem, printer, and camera in my home.
    >
    > Thanks

    In addition to smlunatick's comment, it's not clear from your question
    how or to what the VOIP modem, printer, and camera are connected.
    Typically, these devices do not connect to a network wirelessly on their
    own (although some do).

    If you want more detailed responses, you'll have to give far more
    information about the makes and models of all of your equipment, how you
    have them connected now, and how you would like them to be connected.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

  4. Re: Connecting Wireless N Router to Laptop

    Hi
    I would not be surprise that the Laptop has already Wireless card installed
    in by Dell.
    Check carefully the documentation it might be in and physically switched
    Off.
    VOIP Modem, is a device that connects directly to the Router. Camera,
    Printer, have nothing to do directly with the Wireless. Whether it is stand
    alone Networked devices, or computer connected, it is your choice. You have
    to decide what you really need and then purchase the Hardware.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Von Stueben" wrote in message
    >I have a Dell Studio 17 laptop and use a ATT 3G USB wireless PC card.
    >
    > I would like to know how to connect my laptop to a Linksys N router to
    >
    > create a wireless network for a VOIP modem, printer, and camera in my
    > home.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread