Losing DB connection on Wireless Network - Wireless

This is a discussion on Losing DB connection on Wireless Network - Wireless ; Hi, Similar 4 PCs that I mentioned in my other posting (Ping and Printing Issue on wireless network). All 4 PCs are using Microsoft Access to do data input, the Access DB is located in a server, the Access DB ...

  1. Losing DB connection on Wireless Network

    Hi,

    Similar 4 PCs that I mentioned in my other posting (Ping and Printing Issue
    on wireless network). All 4 PCs are using Microsoft Access to do data input,
    the Access DB is located in a server, the Access DB file are mapped in the 4
    PCs.

    Quite often, the 4 PCs will suffer from Disk Error, can anyone tell me if
    wireless network is not suitable for a constant DB connection or is there a
    solution.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Losing DB connection on Wireless Network

    Brendan Chan wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Similar 4 PCs that I mentioned in my other posting (Ping and Printing Issue
    > on wireless network). All 4 PCs are using Microsoft Access to do data input,
    > the Access DB is located in a server, the Access DB file are mapped in the 4
    > PCs.
    >
    > Quite often, the 4 PCs will suffer from Disk Error, can anyone tell me if
    > wireless network is not suitable for a constant DB connection or is there a
    > solution.

    As MVP Jack wrote, wireless connections are not very stable.
    Therefore they present a challenge for applications developed
    for wired networks.
    Today's applications created with web connectivity in mind
    (including wireless) typically use synchronization approach:
    they work on a local (fast, reliable) copy of the data,
    and sync it with remote/shared copy, as the network conditions allow.
    The MS Office Outlook is a good example.

    Regards,
    --PA

  3. Re: Losing DB connection on Wireless Network

    Thanks PA... time for me to convert my Access application into a web-based
    application.

    "Pavel A." wrote in message
    > Brendan Chan wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Similar 4 PCs that I mentioned in my other posting (Ping and Printing
    >> Issue on wireless network). All 4 PCs are using Microsoft Access to do
    >> data input, the Access DB is located in a server, the Access DB file are
    >> mapped in the 4 PCs.
    >>
    >> Quite often, the 4 PCs will suffer from Disk Error, can anyone tell me if
    >> wireless network is not suitable for a constant DB connection or is there
    >> a solution.

    > As MVP Jack wrote, wireless connections are not very stable.
    > Therefore they present a challenge for applications developed
    > for wired networks.
    > Today's applications created with web connectivity in mind
    > (including wireless) typically use synchronization approach:
    > they work on a local (fast, reliable) copy of the data,
    > and sync it with remote/shared copy, as the network conditions allow.
    > The MS Office Outlook is a good example.
    >
    > Regards,
    > --PA

+ Reply to Thread