Sharing with a wireless network - Wireless

This is a discussion on Sharing with a wireless network - Wireless ; I have a desktop running XP Pro and two laptops with XP Home. My network was fine, but suddenly, I couldn't print from either of the laptops. The XP Pro desktop sees the laptops, but they don't see the desktop. ...

  1. Sharing with a wireless network

    I have a desktop running XP Pro and two laptops with XP Home. My network was
    fine, but suddenly, I couldn't print from either of the laptops. The XP Pro
    desktop sees the laptops, but they don't see the desktop. However, internet
    access works fine.

    When I select My Network Places/Workgroups I am getting the message that it
    can't connect to \\domain . . . no permission and then that it can't connect
    to the host because there are too many connections. I am way below the ten
    available!

    I finally turned off IPSEC and the McAfee firewall and got the printer
    reinstalled. However, I am still getting the message above when I try to
    view any folders that I have shared.

    Help!

  2. Re: Sharing with a wireless network

    What do you receive if running net view \\remotepcipaddress?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "Vermontbd" wrote in message
    >I have a desktop running XP Pro and two laptops with XP Home. My network
    >was
    > fine, but suddenly, I couldn't print from either of the laptops. The XP
    > Pro
    > desktop sees the laptops, but they don't see the desktop. However,
    > internet
    > access works fine.
    >
    > When I select My Network Places/Workgroups I am getting the message that
    > it
    > can't connect to \\domain . . . no permission and then that it can't
    > connect
    > to the host because there are too many connections. I am way below the
    > ten
    > available!
    >
    > I finally turned off IPSEC and the McAfee firewall and got the printer
    > reinstalled. However, I am still getting the message above when I try to
    > view any folders that I have shared.
    >
    > Help!

+ Reply to Thread