network printer - Wireless

This is a discussion on network printer - Wireless ; HP 6300 series plugged directly into linksys wrt150n Vista laptop can see printer and installed ok. XP box can see the printer under my network places (shows up as HP76BE7F) I click on it and log into the printer homepage. ...

  1. network printer

    HP 6300 series plugged directly into linksys wrt150n
    Vista laptop can see printer and installed ok.
    XP box can see the printer under my network places (shows up as HP76BE7F)
    I click on it and log into the printer homepage.

    I try to add printer, but XP will not find it. Just goes to the workgroup,
    but the printer doesnt show up. tried to put the ip address of the printer,
    but that wont work either.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Tyler

  2. Re: network printer

    On Oct 21, 8:48*am, "tyler" wrote:
    > HP 6300 series plugged directly into linksys wrt150n
    > Vista laptop can see printer and installed ok.
    > XP box can see the printer under my network places (shows up as HP76BE7F)
    > I click on it and log into the printer homepage.
    >
    > I try to add printer, but XP will not find it. Just goes to the workgroup,
    > but the printer doesnt show up. tried to put the ip address of the printer,
    > but that wont work either.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Tyler

    You must download and install the correct HP printing system from HP's
    web site. During the driver install, you can enter the correct IP
    address for the printer. Also, check and configure the HP driver /
    printing system to pass thru all / any firewall software.

+ Reply to Thread