No access - can't find path - Wireless

This is a discussion on No access - can't find path - Wireless ; Two Dell machines both running Win-xp SP-3 Dell Inspiron Laptop and Dell Dimension tower Workgroup set to same on both machines Both have file sharing on Both machines running through a belkin wireless router Both can access the internet Desktop ...

  1. No access - can't find path

    Two Dell machines both running Win-xp SP-3
    Dell Inspiron Laptop and Dell Dimension tower

    Workgroup set to same on both machines
    Both have file sharing on

    Both machines running through a belkin wireless router
    Both can access the internet
    Desktop (Dimension) can access the laptop machine shared folders

    The laptop can view network computers but as soon as I try to open the
    desktop to see
    the shared folders aftera long pause I get the error that I may not have
    access or path not found.

    Where shall I begin trouble-shooting

    These were set up manually. I have never had to use a disk or memory
    stick

  2. Re: No access - can't find path

    Have you tried to create the same user name on both computer with the same
    password? This search result may help too.
    troubleshooting is not accessible error
    When try to access a remote computer, you may receive the following
    error messages: "....is not accessible. You may not have permission to use
    this network ...
    http://www.howtonetworking.com/troub...cessibale0.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "xp-pro" wrote in message
    > Two Dell machines both running Win-xp SP-3
    > Dell Inspiron Laptop and Dell Dimension tower
    >
    > Workgroup set to same on both machines
    > Both have file sharing on
    >
    > Both machines running through a belkin wireless router
    > Both can access the internet
    > Desktop (Dimension) can access the laptop machine shared folders
    >
    > The laptop can view network computers but as soon as I try to open the
    > desktop to see
    > the shared folders aftera long pause I get the error that I may not have
    > access or path not found.
    >
    > Where shall I begin trouble-shooting
    >
    > These were set up manually. I have never had to use a disk or memory
    > stick

+ Reply to Thread