Wireless Drops Internet - Network Still Works - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless Drops Internet - Network Still Works - Wireless ; Hi guys In the past couple of weeks, my laptop has developed a strange problem. When I boot up, I can connect to the internet via either wireless or Ethernet. Only thing is that after a few minutes of being ...

  1. Wireless Drops Internet - Network Still Works

    Hi guys

    In the past couple of weeks, my laptop has developed a strange problem.
    When I boot up, I can connect to the internet via either wireless or
    Ethernet. Only thing is that after a few minutes of being connected, I
    loose the internet connection. To make it more complicated, when this
    happens I can still use Remote Desktop Connection in windows, and connect to
    my main PC, and then use that to connect to the net. So there is nothing
    wrong with my internet connection, and my internal network works fine. Just
    the damn wireless on my laptop. Any ideas? Using Windows XP SP3

  2. Re: Wireless Drops Internet - Network Still Works

    Hi
    Try to set priorities to the connections.
    http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    "SantaUK" wrote in message
    news:loWdnYALAZ8XWWbVnZ2dnUVZ8qydnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > Hi guys
    >
    > In the past couple of weeks, my laptop has developed a strange problem.
    > When I boot up, I can connect to the internet via either wireless or
    > Ethernet. Only thing is that after a few minutes of being connected, I
    > loose the internet connection. To make it more complicated, when this
    > happens I can still use Remote Desktop Connection in windows, and connect
    > my main PC, and then use that to connect to the net. So there is nothing
    > wrong with my internet connection, and my internal network works fine.
    > Just
    > the damn wireless on my laptop. Any ideas? Using Windows XP SP3

+ Reply to Thread