Everytime I start my computer I have to repair my internet connec - Wireless

This is a discussion on Everytime I start my computer I have to repair my internet connec - Wireless ; -- Windows XP: Everytime I start my computer i have to repair my internet connection. I have a Thomson Router TG585 v7 and Thomson wireless adaptor for my pc. fab...

  1. Everytime I start my computer I have to repair my internet connec

    -- Windows XP: Everytime I start my computer i have to repair my internet
    connection.
    I have a Thomson Router TG585 v7 and Thomson wireless adaptor for my pc.

    fab

  2. Re: Everytime I start my computer I have to repair my internet connec

    Hi
    Log to the Wireless Support and get the most recent Drivers.
    Uninstall the current drivers and reinstall with the updated Drivers.
    If it does not help follow this process.
    http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html#refreshnet
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "fab" wrote in message

    > -- Windows XP: Everytime I start my computer i have to repair my internet
    > connection.
    > I have a Thomson Router TG585 v7 and Thomson wireless adaptor for my pc.
    >
    > fab

  3. Re: Everytime I start my computer I have to repair my internet con

    I have reinstalled the drivers and still have the problem. I have to either
    repair the connection or take out the adaptor and replace it in the usb hub.
    I have tried plugging the adaptor straight in the pc's usb instead of the
    docking ball- still same problem.
    I have a laptop which uses a D-Link wireless adaptor and on starting up it
    connects to the internet straight away.
    My wireless connection always shows status connected and a very good signal
    strength, despite the fact it needs repairing.
    I am reluctant to try the 'ezlan.net' ideas as I'm not an expert!
    Any other ideas?
    --
    fab

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Log to the Wireless Support and get the most recent Drivers.
    > Uninstall the current drivers and reinstall with the updated Drivers.
    > If it does not help follow this process.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html#refreshnet
    > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
    >
    > "fab" wrote in message
    > >
    > > -- Windows XP: Everytime I start my computer i have to repair my internet
    > > connection.
    > > I have a Thomson Router TG585 v7 and Thomson wireless adaptor for my pc.
    > >
    > > fab

  4. Re: Everytime I start my computer I have to repair my internet con

    Forgot to say that once repaired, I never need to repair the connection
    again, until I turn on the pc the next time.
    --
    fab

    "fab" wrote:

    > I have reinstalled the drivers and still have the problem. I have to either
    > repair the connection or take out the adaptor and replace it in the usb hub.
    > I have tried plugging the adaptor straight in the pc's usb instead of the
    > docking ball- still same problem.
    > I have a laptop which uses a D-Link wireless adaptor and on starting up it
    > connects to the internet straight away.
    > My wireless connection always shows status connected and a very good signal
    > strength, despite the fact it needs repairing.
    > I am reluctant to try the 'ezlan.net' ideas as I'm not an expert!
    > Any other ideas?
    > --
    > fab
    >

    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > Log to the Wireless Support and get the most recent Drivers.
    > > Uninstall the current drivers and reinstall with the updated Drivers.
    > > If it does not help follow this process.
    > > http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html#refreshnet
    > > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
    > >
    > > "fab" wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > -- Windows XP: Everytime I start my computer i have to repair my internet
    > > > connection.
    > > > I have a Thomson Router TG585 v7 and Thomson wireless adaptor for my pc.
    > > >
    > > > fab

+ Reply to Thread