Limited connectivity on one user profile while others connect 100% - Wireless

This is a discussion on Limited connectivity on one user profile while others connect 100% - Wireless ; I've compared the wireless connection and wireless adapter settings between a user profile that has an excellent signal rating but keeps coming up with Limited Connectivity, and three other profiles on the same machine that connect perfectly. The machine is ...

  1. Limited connectivity on one user profile while others connect 100%

    I've compared the wireless connection and wireless adapter settings between
    a user profile that has an excellent signal rating but keeps coming up with
    Limited Connectivity, and three other profiles on the same machine that
    connect perfectly. The machine is a Dell Inspiron laptop with an Intel
    wireless adapter, and I have turned off the McAfee Firewall and the Windows
    Firewall. Any suggestions on how to fix? Should I just create a new
    profile and transfer the data to the new one?

  2. Re: Limited connectivity on one user profile while others connect 100%

    Hi
    Make sure that either the Intel Wireless is loaded at startup or Windows
    Wireless Zero configuration is On, but Not both.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "02befree" wrote in message
    news:trmdnSPciM9BvWvVnZ2dnUVZ_hadnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > I've compared the wireless connection and wireless adapter settings
    > between
    > a user profile that has an excellent signal rating but keeps coming up
    > with
    > Limited Connectivity, and three other profiles on the same machine that
    > connect perfectly. The machine is a Dell Inspiron laptop with an Intel
    > wireless adapter, and I have turned off the McAfee Firewall and the
    > Windows
    > Firewall. Any suggestions on how to fix? Should I just create a new
    > profile and transfer the data to the new one?

  3. Re: Limited connectivity on one user profile while others connect 100%

    Thanks for the advice. I checked to make sure WZConfig wasn't running
    alongside the Intel Wireless and disabled the McAfee firewall, etc. but to
    no avail. Finally I found the Export Profile function inside the Intel
    software and Exported the wireless profile from a working user profile and
    then imported it while logged into the non functional user profile. Bingo,
    it worked like clockwork. So many variables - but of course this was a
    teenager's profile that was messed up. Go figure.

    > Hi
    > Make sure that either the Intel Wireless is loaded at startup or Windows
    > Wireless Zero configuration is On, but Not both.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    > http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
    >
    > "02befree" wrote in message
    > news:trmdnSPciM9BvWvVnZ2dnUVZ_hadnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > > I've compared the wireless connection and wireless adapter settings
    > > between
    > > a user profile that has an excellent signal rating but keeps coming up
    > > with
    > > Limited Connectivity, and three other profiles on the same machine that
    > > connect perfectly. The machine is a Dell Inspiron laptop with an Intel
    > > wireless adapter, and I have turned off the McAfee Firewall and the
    > > Windows
    > > Firewall. Any suggestions on how to fix? Should I just create a new
    > > profile and transfer the data to the new one?

+ Reply to Thread