DHCP not working? - Wireless

This is a discussion on DHCP not working? - Wireless ; trying to connect 2 more laptops with xp installed wirelessly to the internet and although the router has DHCP enabled and the computers have automatic IP addressing enabled, I can't. They seem not to be able to renew their IP ...

  1. DHCP not working?

    trying to connect 2 more laptops with xp installed wirelessly to the
    internet and although the router has DHCP enabled and the computers have
    automatic IP addressing enabled, I can't. They seem not to be able to renew
    their IP address and have limited connectivity.
    have reset the router many times to no avail. Even connecting them with the
    wire this happened: router could detect them but not give an IP address and
    showed they had a static address. Anyone can tell me what to look for now?
    Thanx

  2. Re: DHCP not working?

    Posting the result of ipconfig /all may help.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "Paolo Mostallino" wrote in message
    > trying to connect 2 more laptops with xp installed wirelessly to the
    > internet and although the router has DHCP enabled and the computers have
    > automatic IP addressing enabled, I can't. They seem not to be able to
    > renew their IP address and have limited connectivity.
    > have reset the router many times to no avail. Even connecting them with
    > the wire this happened: router could detect them but not give an IP
    > address and showed they had a static address. Anyone can tell me what to
    > look for now? Thanx

  3. Re: DHCP not working?

    Hi
    Check Manually both the Wire and Wireless TCP/IP configuration and make sure
    that it is set to Auto Obtain.
    In the Control Panel Right Click the connection choose properties
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc1.jpg
    Check the TCP/IP configuration in each connection.
    http://www.ezlan.net/example/tcp-ip.jpg
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Paolo Mostallino" wrote in message
    > trying to connect 2 more laptops with xp installed wirelessly to the
    > internet and although the router has DHCP enabled and the computers have
    > automatic IP addressing enabled, I can't. They seem not to be able to
    > renew their IP address and have limited connectivity.
    > have reset the router many times to no avail. Even connecting them with
    > the wire this happened: router could detect them but not give an IP
    > address and showed they had a static address. Anyone can tell me what to
    > look for now? Thanx

+ Reply to Thread