Available Wireless Networks - Wireless

This is a discussion on Available Wireless Networks - Wireless ; I have a new Elonex Webbook. At startup there was no problem to connect to my wireless router. After installing Norton Internet Security 2009 my own network is not seen in the list of available network (I can see over ...

  1. Available Wireless Networks

    I have a new Elonex Webbook. At startup there was no problem to connect to my
    wireless router. After installing Norton Internet Security 2009 my own
    network is not seen in the list of available network (I can see over 20 of my
    neighbours). I have another laptop beside which works fine and my network has
    a strengh of 100%. I have compared all the settings and made them alike. I
    have also disabled NIS without any progress. I have disabled the Symantec
    Network Security Intermediate Filter Driver without any result. Are there any
    settings in XP or NIS which filter the list of avaliable networks?
    --
    Ulflej

  2. Re: Available Wireless Networks

    For troubleshooting, try to start the computer with clean boot.
    Windows general
    How to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows Safe Mode
    with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort programs in
    Start ...
    http://www.howtonetworking.com/Windo...owsgeneral.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "Ulflej" wrote in message
    >I have a new Elonex Webbook. At startup there was no problem to connect to
    >my
    > wireless router. After installing Norton Internet Security 2009 my own
    > network is not seen in the list of available network (I can see over 20 of
    > my
    > neighbours). I have another laptop beside which works fine and my network
    > has
    > a strengh of 100%. I have compared all the settings and made them alike.
    > have also disabled NIS without any progress. I have disabled the Symantec
    > Network Security Intermediate Filter Driver without any result. Are there
    > any
    > settings in XP or NIS which filter the list of avaliable networks?
    > --
    > Ulflej

  3. Re: Available Wireless Networks

    Hi
    Just disabling Norton does not take it out of the system.
    Make sure that nothing relates to it does not start at boot, and its
    services are disabled.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Ulflej" wrote in message
    >I have a new Elonex Webbook. At startup there was no problem to connect to
    >my
    > wireless router. After installing Norton Internet Security 2009 my own
    > network is not seen in the list of available network (I can see over 20 of
    > my
    > neighbours). I have another laptop beside which works fine and my network
    > has
    > a strengh of 100%. I have compared all the settings and made them alike.
    > have also disabled NIS without any progress. I have disabled the Symantec
    > Network Security Intermediate Filter Driver without any result. Are there
    > any
    > settings in XP or NIS which filter the list of avaliable networks?
    > --
    > Ulflej

+ Reply to Thread