Wireless connected Balloon tip - Wireless

This is a discussion on Wireless connected Balloon tip - Wireless ; I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6000, XP MCE 2005, SP3, and wireless. The balloon tip keeps popping up saying 'connected'. Oh maybe every 10-30 minutes or so. I sorta thought I had a lousy connection to the router or too ...

  1. Wireless connected Balloon tip

    I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6000, XP MCE 2005, SP3, and wireless. The
    balloon tip keeps popping up saying 'connected'. Oh maybe every 10-30
    minutes or so. I sorta thought I had a lousy connection to the
    router or too many people in the area and it was just doing its thing
    (thankfully) and re-connecting. This has been a long term issue. Not
    even sure if April's virgin load was better or if it popped up somewhere
    along the line after that and while doing updates (sp3 etc), I think its
    been here forever. Anyway it just popped up a few seconds ago and I
    opened the connection and it says status connected but for 19+ minutes.
    So I take it that I did not 're-connect' but its just being contrary
    and occasionally letting me know its working.... :-) But I'd like it
    not to remind me, is this possible? However I want my cake and eat it
    too, when the connection is not made for some reason, let me know the
    down side.
    Oh, the check box for 'Notify me when this connection has limited or...'
    is unchecked.

  2. Re: Wireless connected Balloon tip

    "Big_Al" wrote in message
    > I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6000, XP MCE 2005, SP3, and wireless. The
    > balloon tip keeps popping up saying 'connected'. Oh maybe every 10-30
    > minutes or so. I sorta thought I had a lousy connection to the router
    > or too many people in the area and it was just doing its thing
    > (thankfully) and re-connecting. This has been a long term issue. Not
    > even sure if April's virgin load was better or if it popped up somewhere
    > along the line after that and while doing updates (sp3 etc), I think its
    > been here forever. Anyway it just popped up a few seconds ago and I
    > opened the connection and it says status connected but for 19+ minutes. So
    > I take it that I did not 're-connect' but its just being contrary and
    > occasionally letting me know its working.... :-) But I'd like it not to
    > remind me, is this possible? However I want my cake and eat it too, when
    > the connection is not made for some reason, let me know the down side.
    > Oh, the check box for 'Notify me when this connection has limited or...'
    > is unchecked.

    SP3 is known to mess with some network drivers. You could try updating the
    driver for your wireless card.

  3. Re: Wireless connected Balloon tip

    On Oct 10, 5:54*pm, Big_Al wrote:
    > I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6000, XP MCE 2005, SP3, and wireless. * The
    > balloon tip keeps popping up saying 'connected'. * Oh maybe every 10-30
    > minutes or so. * * I sorta thought I had a lousy connection to the
    > router or too many people in the area and it was just doing its thing
    > (thankfully) and re-connecting. * This has been a long term issue. *Not
    > even sure if April's virgin load was better or if it popped up somewhere
    > along the line after that and while doing updates (sp3 etc), I think its
    > been here forever. * Anyway it just popped up a few seconds ago and I
    > opened the connection and it says status connected but for 19+ minutes.
    > * *So I take it that I did not 're-connect' but its just being contrary
    > and occasionally letting me know its working.... :-) * But I'd like it
    > not to remind me, is this possible? *However I want my cake and eat it
    > too, when the connection is not made for some reason, let me know the
    > down side.
    > Oh, the check box for 'Notify me when this connection has limited or...'
    > is unchecked.

    I would check within any anti-viurs / firewall settings. I was
    "plagued" with this in earily May and it was my security software that
    was the cause. However, with my systsme crash in June, I have since
    solved my problem

+ Reply to Thread