cannot connect wirelessly - Wireless

This is a discussion on cannot connect wirelessly - Wireless ; I have a linksys wireless router. I have a laptop and a desktop. The desktop is hardwired tot he router and works fine. The laptop was connected wirelessly for a few months and was working fine until yesterday whe all ...

  1. cannot connect wirelessly

    I have a linksys wireless router. I have a laptop and a desktop. The
    desktop is hardwired tot he router and works fine. The laptop was connected
    wirelessly for a few months and was working fine until yesterday whe all of a
    sudden I could not connect to the router. I've tried connecting using the
    built in card, a plug in card and I've tried connecting wirelessly to both my
    modem and router and I cannot do any of the above anymore. What gives?

  2. RE: cannot connect wirelessly

    I also tried to connect my laptop directly to the modem and router with an
    ehternet cable. Cannot get the internet that way either now.

  3. RE: cannot connect wirelessly

    I ran a dianostics test and it said there was a problem with the winsock
    provider catalogue. I reset it to default but still cannot connect to the
    net.

  4. Re: cannot connect wirelessly

    "Chris Bondy" wrote in message
    >I ran a dianostics test and it said there was a problem with the winsock
    > provider catalogue. I reset it to default but still cannot connect to the
    > net.

    Did it mention anything about a "Layered Service Provider" [LSP] with
    respect to Winsock?

    If it did, there was a tool called "LSPfix" that may still be out on the Net
    somewhere that could straighten that out.

    LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks
    lspfix.txt. New in this version:. LSP chains entirely verified on program
    start, and status (errors / no errors) now displayed on the program main
    window. ...
    http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

    LSPFix - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
    Come to CNET Download.com for free and safe LSPFix downloads. Repair Winsock
    2 settings caused by adware and spyware applications.
    http://www.download.com/LSPFix/3000-...-10417026.html - 86k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

  5. Re: cannot connect wirelessly

    Hi
    If the LSP-Fix but itself did not work try this process.
    http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html#refreshnet
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking),

    >I have a linksys wireless router. I have a laptop and a desktop. The
    > desktop is hardwired tot he router and works fine. The laptop was
    > connected
    > wirelessly for a few months and was working fine until yesterday whe all
    > of a
    > sudden I could not connect to the router. I've tried connecting using the
    > built in card, a plug in card and I've tried connecting wirelessly to both
    > my
    > modem and router and I cannot do any of the above anymore. What gives?

+ Reply to Thread