Service Pack 3 Problems - Wireless

This is a discussion on Service Pack 3 Problems - Wireless ; I have just downloaded Windows XP SP3 on my laptop. Now the wireless lan keeps connecting and disconecting to my Belkin Wireless hub. It remains connected for about 2 seconds the disconnected for about 5 seconds. any suggestions?...

  1. Service Pack 3 Problems

    I have just downloaded Windows XP SP3 on my laptop. Now the wireless lan
    keeps connecting and disconecting to my Belkin Wireless hub. It remains
    connected for about 2 seconds the disconnected for about 5 seconds. any
    suggestions?

  2. Re: Service Pack 3 Problems

    On Oct 7, 1:52*pm, John R wrote:
    > I have just downloaded Windows XP SP3 on my laptop. Now the wireless lan
    > keeps connecting and disconecting to my Belkin Wireless hub. It remains
    > connected for about 2 seconds the disconnected for about 5 seconds. any
    > suggestions?

    Which wireless management controls are you using: Wireless Zero
    Configuration or the laptop's wireless controls?

  3. Re: Service Pack 3 Problems

    I'm using XP Wireles Zero Configuration
    "smlunatick" wrote:

    > On Oct 7, 1:52 pm, John R wrote:
    > > I have just downloaded Windows XP SP3 on my laptop. Now the wireless lan
    > > keeps connecting and disconecting to my Belkin Wireless hub. It remains
    > > connected for about 2 seconds the disconnected for about 5 seconds. any
    > > suggestions?

    > Which wireless management controls are you using: Wireless Zero
    > Configuration or the laptop's wireless controls?

  4. Re: Service Pack 3 Problems

    We have seen more and more cases like this one. Try to install the latest
    driver first. This post may help.

    USB Wireless not working after XP SP3 download
    http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=4995

    If that doesn't work, try to reset wireless security. This post may help
    too.

    WPC54C wireless doesn't work after installing XP sp3
    http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=4996

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "John R" wrote in message
    >I have just downloaded Windows XP SP3 on my laptop. Now the wireless lan
    > keeps connecting and disconecting to my Belkin Wireless hub. It remains
    > connected for about 2 seconds the disconnected for about 5 seconds. any
    > suggestions?

  5. Re: Service Pack 3 Problems

    Roberts suggestion worked. I installed an Edimax driver to suit my PCMCIA
    card and the problem went away. Previously I was using the MS software and
    did not have a specific driver installed.

    "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > We have seen more and more cases like this one. Try to install the latest
    > driver first. This post may help.
    >
    > USB Wireless not working after XP SP3 download
    > http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=4995
    >
    > If that doesn't work, try to reset wireless security. This post may help
    > too.
    >
    > WPC54C wireless doesn't work after installing XP sp3
    > http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=4996
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    > "John R" wrote in message
    > >I have just downloaded Windows XP SP3 on my laptop. Now the wireless lan
    > > keeps connecting and disconecting to my Belkin Wireless hub. It remains
    > > connected for about 2 seconds the disconnected for about 5 seconds. any
    > > suggestions?

  6. Re: Service Pack 3 Problems

    Thank you for the feedback.

    --
    "John R" wrote in message
    > Roberts suggestion worked. I installed an Edimax driver to suit my PCMCIA
    > card and the problem went away. Previously I was using the MS software and
    > did not have a specific driver installed.
    >
    > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> We have seen more and more cases like this one. Try to install the latest
    >> driver first. This post may help.
    >>
    >> USB Wireless not working after XP SP3 download
    >> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=4995
    >>
    >> If that doesn't work, try to reset wireless security. This post may help
    >> too.
    >>
    >> WPC54C wireless doesn't work after installing XP sp3
    >> http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...pic.php?t=4996
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >> "John R" wrote in message
    >> >I have just downloaded Windows XP SP3 on my laptop. Now the wireless lan
    >> > keeps connecting and disconecting to my Belkin Wireless hub. It remains
    >> > connected for about 2 seconds the disconnected for about 5 seconds. any
    >> > suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread