cant connect Internet - Wireless

This is a discussion on cant connect Internet - Wireless ; HI I have Dell Inspiron3500 noot book .Recently I upgrade windows 98 to XP . but I can 't connectet to internet any more.Every time I try to connect to internet It prompt that my modem has been use by ...

  1. cant connect Internet

    HI I have Dell Inspiron3500 noot book .Recently I upgrade windows 98 to XP .
    but I can 't connectet to internet any more.Every time I try to connect to
    internet It prompt that my modem has been use by another progrem. I have dial
    up connection.I asked to dell help support group at first they told me that I
    need driver for my modem and the gave me link to download the driver .I
    download the file EXE.600.from that web site the gave me but It didn't work
    ..then they told me I have to install modem card .but they didnt told me
    which card fit for my computer.I dont know what should I do .Install another
    driver or modem card.Please help me out.

  2. Re: cant connect Internet

    mia vai wrote:
    > HI I have Dell Inspiron3500 noot book .Recently I upgrade windows 98 to XP .
    > but I can 't connectet to internet any more.Every time I try to connect to
    > internet It prompt that my modem has been use by another progrem. I have dial
    > up connection.I asked to dell help support group at first they told me that I
    > need driver for my modem and the gave me link to download the driver .I
    > download the file EXE.600.from that web site the gave me but It didn't work
    > .then they told me I have to install modem card .but they didnt told me
    > which card fit for my computer.I dont know what should I do .Install another
    > driver or modem card.Please help me out.

    Have you changed modems since you bought the laptop?
    If not then all you have to do is go to dell.com and enter your service
    tag in the "downloads" page and it will spill a list of drivers for your
    specific PC. See if Dell gave you the right drivers.
    http://support.dell.com/support/topi...n&lnki=0&s=dhs
    Please note that you want drivers for XP. You might download all drivers.

    If you have changed the modem, then you should have docs, did it come
    with XP drivers?

    Yes, last option is to just buy a new one.

  3. Re: cant connect Internet

    Hi
    If the Modem has faulty drivers the new ones might not installed correctly.
    Try to uninstall the current modem installation form the Device manger, and
    then try the new drivers.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "mia vai" wrote in message
    newsADCD4E4-9644-467B-975C-A0B70CCBFF7B@microsoft.com...
    > HI I have Dell Inspiron3500 noot book .Recently I upgrade windows 98 to
    > XP .
    > but I can 't connectet to internet any more.Every time I try to connect to
    > internet It prompt that my modem has been use by another progrem. I have
    > dial
    > up connection.I asked to dell help support group at first they told me
    > that I
    > need driver for my modem and the gave me link to download the driver .I
    > download the file EXE.600.from that web site the gave me but It didn't
    > work
    > .then they told me I have to install modem card .but they didnt told me
    > which card fit for my computer.I dont know what should I do .Install
    > another
    > driver or modem card.Please help me out.

+ Reply to Thread