Thinkpad X200 running Vista x64 Wireless problem - Wireless

This is a discussion on Thinkpad X200 running Vista x64 Wireless problem - Wireless ; Hi all, I have a problem with my brand new X200 Thinkpad running Vista x64 with Intel 5100 AGN card. Device manager says everything is OK. Latest drivers are installed. Computer does see available wireless networks, but will not connect ...

  1. Thinkpad X200 running Vista x64 Wireless problem

    Hi all,

    I have a problem with my brand new X200 Thinkpad running Vista x64 with
    Intel 5100 AGN card.
    Device manager says everything is OK. Latest drivers are installed. Computer
    does see available wireless networks, but will not connect to any of them.
    I tried a lot of stuff, including:
    1. Changing various card parameters (disabling QOS, ipV6,...)
    2. Updating the registery with a special flag (was suggested somewhere on
    the known problems...)
    3. Removing any security related issues from my router.

    None of these solution work.
    The problem is not with the router (another laptop running Vista 32 manages
    to connect to it).

    Any idea?

    S.

  2. Re: Thinkpad X200 running Vista x64 Wireless problem

    Hi
    Sound like security mismatch that does not let your Wireless to obtain a
    valid IP
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Shay" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a problem with my brand new X200 Thinkpad running Vista x64 with
    > Intel 5100 AGN card.
    > Device manager says everything is OK. Latest drivers are installed.
    > Computer does see available wireless networks, but will not connect to any
    > of them.
    > I tried a lot of stuff, including:
    > 1. Changing various card parameters (disabling QOS, ipV6,...)
    > 2. Updating the registery with a special flag (was suggested somewhere on
    > the known problems...)
    > 3. Removing any security related issues from my router.
    >
    > None of these solution work.
    > The problem is not with the router (another laptop running Vista 32
    > manages to connect to it).
    >
    > Any idea?
    >
    > S.

  3. Re: Thinkpad X200 running Vista x64 Wireless problem

    What means "Removing any security related issues from my router"?

    --PA

    Shay wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a problem with my brand new X200 Thinkpad running Vista x64 with
    > Intel 5100 AGN card.
    > Device manager says everything is OK. Latest drivers are installed.
    > Computer does see available wireless networks, but will not connect to
    > any of them.
    > I tried a lot of stuff, including:
    > 1. Changing various card parameters (disabling QOS, ipV6,...)
    > 2. Updating the registery with a special flag (was suggested somewhere
    > on the known problems...)
    > 3. Removing any security related issues from my router.
    >
    > None of these solution work.
    > The problem is not with the router (another laptop running Vista 32
    > manages to connect to it).
    >
    > Any idea?
    >
    > S.

+ Reply to Thread