working wireless configuration with xp and Draytek vigor 2800 - Wireless

This is a discussion on working wireless configuration with xp and Draytek vigor 2800 - Wireless ; I'm connecting a windows xp sp2 pc to a Draytek vigor 2800 access point. I found a lot of problems enabling a secure wireless (open wireles works well). Do you now a good configuration (that works|) of the wireless connection ...

  1. working wireless configuration with xp and Draytek vigor 2800

    I'm connecting a windows xp sp2 pc to a Draytek vigor 2800 access
    point.
    I found a lot of problems enabling a secure wireless (open wireles
    works well).

    Do you now a good configuration (that works|) of the wireless
    connection with XP?

    Best & thanks.
    Raffaele

  2. Re: working wireless configuration with xp and Draytek vigor 2800

    Hi
    Make sure that you ruin either the Wireless utility of the Wireless card, or
    Windows Zero configuration (never both).
    Windows XP SP2 with the patches works very well.
    If after checking and adjusting every thing it does not work check Draytech
    support.
    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    No Security
    WPA-PSK__(Very Hard to Break).
    WPA-AES__(Not functionally Breakable)
    WPA2____ (Not functionally Breakable).
    your Wireless hardware.
    phrase.
    of one of the Wireless devices.
    device with a better one.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wpa_wep.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "raffaele" wrote in message
    > I'm connecting a windows xp sp2 pc to a Draytek vigor 2800 access
    > point.
    > I found a lot of problems enabling a secure wireless (open wireles
    > works well).
    >
    > Do you now a good configuration (that works|) of the wireless
    > connection with XP?
    >
    > Best & thanks.
    > Raffaele

+ Reply to Thread