Windows Live Family Safety Preventing Internet Access HELP - Wireless

This is a discussion on Windows Live Family Safety Preventing Internet Access HELP - Wireless ; I tried uninstalling (with CCleaner) Windows Live Family Safety as it wasn't used and I was having a tidy up, and then found that I couldn't get onto the internet. After a LOT of messing about I realised that a ...

  1. Windows Live Family Safety Preventing Internet Access HELP

    I tried uninstalling (with CCleaner) Windows Live Family Safety as it wasn't
    used and I was having a tidy up, and then found that I couldn't get onto the
    internet. After a LOT of messing about I realised that a residual element of
    Family Safety was preventing access to the internet. Msg - "the Family Safety
    service has been disabled. Please ask the administrator for this computer to
    enable it. Until that's done, you will not be able to browse the Internet."
    I have tried reinstalling it and then enabling it, but can not do this
    offline, and cannot get online to enable it....... How do I get rid of this,
    how do I change settings on computer, how do I make the laptop allow the
    router to connect to the internet.....
    No problems with router (been through that, reset it, fine with other laptop
    and desktop)
    No problems with internet connection (been through that, online now !! )
    No problems with network adaptor on laptop (been through that, updated and
    reinstalled)
    Connection says Access : Local Only (so laptop talking to router)
    Internet Explorer diagnosis no help
    Internet Explorer says ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#
    Can not find Windows Live Family Safety Service in any service listing
    (couldn't run service.msc)
    Tried OneCareCleanUp - made no difference, reinstalled - did it all again...
    blah blah blah
    Run out of ideas. PLEASE HELP

  2. Re: Windows Live Family Safety Preventing Internet Access HELP

    On Sep 25, 9:57*pm, LottOzz wrote:
    > I tried uninstalling (with CCleaner) Windows Live Family Safety as it wasn't
    > used and I was having a tidy up, and then found that I couldn't get onto the
    > internet. After a LOT of messing about I realised that a residual elementof
    > Family Safety was preventing access to the internet. Msg - "the Family Safety
    > service has been disabled. Please ask the administrator for this computerto
    > enable it. Until that's done, you will not be able to browse the Internet.." *
    > I have tried reinstalling it and then enabling it, but can not do this
    > offline, and cannot get online to enable it....... How do I get rid of this,
    > how do I change settings on computer, how do I make the laptop allow the
    > router to connect to the internet.....
    > No problems with router (been through that, reset it, fine with other laptop
    > and desktop)
    > No problems with internet connection (been through that, online now !! )
    > No problems with network adaptor on laptop (been through that, updated and
    > reinstalled)
    > Connection says Access : Local Only (so laptop talking to router)
    > Internet Explorer diagnosis no help
    > Internet Explorer says ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#
    > Can not find Windows Live Family Safety Service in any service listing
    > (couldn't run service.msc)
    > Tried OneCareCleanUp - made no difference, reinstalled - did it all again....
    > blah blah blah
    > Run out of ideas. PLEASE HELP

    CCleaner was to only be used after running the correct uninstall
    process from within Add/Remove Programs.

  3. Re: Windows Live Family Safety Preventing Internet Access HELP

    "smlunatick" wrote:
    > CCleaner was to only be used after running the correct uninstall
    > process from within Add/Remove Programs.

    Ok, but what can I do to recover from this?

  4. Re: Windows Live Family Safety Preventing Internet Access HELP

    On Sep 27, 5:31*am, LottOzz wrote:
    > "smlunatick" wrote:
    > > CCleaner was to only be used after running the correct uninstall
    > > process from within Add/Remove Programs.

    > Ok, but what can I do to recover from this?

    Need to re-install from your original.

  5. Re: Windows Live Family Safety Preventing Internet Access HELP

    I'm not able to connect to internet, hence I'm not able to re-install also

    "smlunatick" wrote:

    > On Sep 27, 5:31 am, LottOzz wrote:
    > > "smlunatick" wrote:
    > > > CCleaner was to only be used after running the correct uninstall
    > > > process from within Add/Remove Programs.

    > > Ok, but what can I do to recover from this?

    > Need to re-install from your original.

+ Reply to Thread