Can't Connect to ATT Wireless - Wireless

This is a discussion on Can't Connect to ATT Wireless - Wireless ; Hi I've had ATT wireless at my house for a couple of months and it has worked fine on my laptop. I went on a trip and took my laptop to The Days Inn for a couple days and signed ...

  1. Can't Connect to ATT Wireless

    Hi
    I've had ATT wireless at my house for a couple of months and it has worked
    fine on my laptop. I went on a trip and took my laptop to The Days Inn for a
    couple days and signed on to their wireless and it worked fine. Now I came
    home and I can't connect to my ATT wireless. I called ATT and they claim
    there's something wrong with my computer.
    Any ideas?
    Thank you.

  2. Re: Can't Connect to ATT Wireless

    Open the software interface to manage WiFi connections to see available
    wireless networks. Double click your wifi network name to connect.

    "Cartoonmeister" wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I've had ATT wireless at my house for a couple of months and it has worked
    > fine on my laptop. I went on a trip and took my laptop to The Days Inn for
    > couple days and signed on to their wireless and it worked fine. Now I came
    > home and I can't connect to my ATT wireless. I called ATT and they claim
    > there's something wrong with my computer.
    > Any ideas?
    > Thank you.

  3. Re: Can't Connect to ATT Wireless

    Hi
    If you use Windows Zero Configuration, Cleanup the preferred list.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Cartoonmeister" wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I've had ATT wireless at my house for a couple of months and it has worked
    > fine on my laptop. I went on a trip and took my laptop to The Days Inn for
    > couple days and signed on to their wireless and it worked fine. Now I came
    > home and I can't connect to my ATT wireless. I called ATT and they claim
    > there's something wrong with my computer.
    > Any ideas?
    > Thank you.

  4. Re: Can't Connect to ATT Wireless

    When you say cleanup do you mean remove everything?

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > If you use Windows Zero Configuration, Cleanup the preferred list.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
    > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
    >
    > "Cartoonmeister" wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > I've had ATT wireless at my house for a couple of months and it has worked
    > > fine on my laptop. I went on a trip and took my laptop to The Days Inn for
    > > couple days and signed on to their wireless and it worked fine. Now I came
    > > home and I can't connect to my ATT wireless. I called ATT and they claim
    > > there's something wrong with my computer.
    > > Any ideas?
    > > Thank you.

  5. Re: Can't Connect to ATT Wireless

    Hi
    You can start with removing entries that you do not need and moving the
    important entries to the top of the list.
    If it does not help you can try to use a 3rd party Wireless configuration
    Switcher.
    http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/Net...netsetman.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    > When you say cleanup do you mean remove everything?
    >

    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> If you use Windows Zero Configuration, Cleanup the preferred list.
    >> http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
    >> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
    >>
    >> "Cartoonmeister" wrote in
    >> message
    >> > Hi
    >> > I've had ATT wireless at my house for a couple of months and it has
    >> > worked
    >> > fine on my laptop. I went on a trip and took my laptop to The Days Inn
    >> > for
    >> > couple days and signed on to their wireless and it worked fine. Now I
    >> > came
    >> > home and I can't connect to my ATT wireless. I called ATT and they
    >> > claim
    >> > there's something wrong with my computer.
    >> > Any ideas?
    >> > Thank you.

  6. Re: Can't Connect to ATT Wireless

    I did all these things and it still won't work : (

    "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > You can start with removing entries that you do not need and moving the
    > important entries to the top of the list.
    > If it does not help you can try to use a 3rd party Wireless configuration
    > Switcher.
    > http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/Net...netsetman.html
    > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
    >
    > "Cartoonmeister" wrote in message
    > > When you say cleanup do you mean remove everything?
    > >

    > > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi
    > >> If you use Windows Zero Configuration, Cleanup the preferred list.
    > >> http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
    > >> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)
    > >>
    > >> "Cartoonmeister" wrote in
    > >> message