Can you force wireless to connect - Wireless

This is a discussion on Can you force wireless to connect - Wireless ; Long story short, it happens. Too many routers in the neighborhood or what, but it happens. Okay onto the question. I lose my connection, it just don't negotiate past the encryption. Not all the time just now and then. Of ...

  1. Can you force wireless to connect

    Long story short, it happens. Too many routers in the neighborhood or
    what, but it happens. Okay onto the question. I lose my connection,
    it just don't negotiate past the encryption. Not all the time just now
    and then. Of course it happens just 2 seconds before I want to use the
    browser. I hibernate the laptop and then power it back on it resets
    the connection.

    I always thought that hibernate just left off where you were, and I was
    disconnected, but obviously something makes XP restart that service
    hunting for a valid router (that fit my list of only 1 router). So is
    there a way I can force that search to start on demand? Run something
    with an argument?

    Thanks. Al in Md.

  2. Re: Can you force wireless to connect

    Hi
    Wireless network work as a combination between the Computer and the outside
    source Wireless. When the computer Hibernate the Wireless does Not work and
    disconnect. You can try to set the Wireless so that just your Router is in
    the preferred Connection and check that it is to connect Auto.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Big_Al" wrote in message
    > Long story short, it happens. Too many routers in the neighborhood or
    > what, but it happens. Okay onto the question. I lose my connection, it
    > just don't negotiate past the encryption. Not all the time just now and
    > then. Of course it happens just 2 seconds before I want to use the
    > browser. I hibernate the laptop and then power it back on it resets the
    > connection.
    >
    > I always thought that hibernate just left off where you were, and I was
    > disconnected, but obviously something makes XP restart that service
    > hunting for a valid router (that fit my list of only 1 router). So is
    > there a way I can force that search to start on demand? Run something
    > with an argument?
    >
    > Thanks. Al in Md.

+ Reply to Thread