RADIUS Server and Group Policies - Wireless

This is a discussion on RADIUS Server and Group Policies - Wireless ; Hello all I just implemented a RADIUS server on a win2k3 box for wireless client at my office. The client computers connect without a problem but are not authenticating to the RADIUS server until after the computer is up. The ...

  1. RADIUS Server and Group Policies

    Hello all

    I just implemented a RADIUS server on a win2k3 box for wireless
    client
    at my office. The client computers connect without a problem but are
    not authenticating to the RADIUS server until after the computer is
    up. The problem is that those clients are not getting group policies
    applied.

    How do I configure RADIUS, the client computers, etc to authenticate
    during startup so GP's get applied properly.

  2. RE: RADIUS Server and Group Policies

    It is my understanding that if the network is not available at startup
    computer based group policy will be applied in the background once the PC is
    started and connected.

    I can't get GP computer startup scripts to run but computer based GP has not
    normally caused me any problems.

    Regards
    Stephen

    "Paul" wrote:

    > Hello all
    >
    > I just implemented a RADIUS server on a win2k3 box for wireless
    > client
    > at my office. The client computers connect without a problem but are
    > not authenticating to the RADIUS server until after the computer is
    > up. The problem is that those clients are not getting group policies
    > applied.
    >
    > How do I configure RADIUS, the client computers, etc to authenticate
    > during startup so GP's get applied properly.

+ Reply to Thread