SP3 Netsh command does not include wlan command. - Wireless

This is a discussion on SP3 Netsh command does not include wlan command. - Wireless ; Hi, I've been trying to configure XP SP3 to use machine only authentication on our 102.1x network. I found and am trying to follow KB article 929847 However, when I try to follow the command "netsh wlan export profile folder=c:\" ...

  1. SP3 Netsh command does not include wlan command.

    Hi,

    I've been trying to configure XP SP3 to use machine only authentication on
    our 102.1x network. I found and am trying to follow KB article 929847

    However, when I try to follow the command "netsh wlan export profile
    folder=c:\" as instructed I get "The following command was not found: wlan."

    I've tried to port over a copy of the vista command with no sucsess, it
    doesn't run.

    I hope someone can help me work this odd one.

    Thanks in advance
    Steve

  2. Re: SP3 Netsh command does not include wlan command.

    Netsh on WinXP does not have "wlan" command.
    I'm not sure how to export profiles on XP; they are only a subset of Vista
    profiles.
    Maybe you can write a small program using WLAN API to get the profiles and
    save them where ever you want.

    --PA

    "Stephen Liffen" Liffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been trying to configure XP SP3 to use machine only authentication on
    > our 102.1x network. I found and am trying to follow KB article 929847
    >
    > However, when I try to follow the command "netsh wlan export profile
    > folder=c:\" as instructed I get "The following command was not found:
    > wlan."
    >
    > I've tried to port over a copy of the vista command with no sucsess, it
    > doesn't run.
    >
    > I hope someone can help me work this odd one.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Steve

  3. Re: SP3 Netsh command does not include wlan command.

    If you have XP SP3, you have an option to export wlan using netsh. Have you
    enable WLAN? Post the result of ipconfig /all may help too.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    "Pavel A." wrote in message
    > Netsh on WinXP does not have "wlan" command.
    > I'm not sure how to export profiles on XP; they are only a subset of Vista
    > profiles.
    > Maybe you can write a small program using WLAN API to get the profiles
    > and save them where ever you want.
    >
    > --PA
    >

    > "Stephen Liffen" Liffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:25DB781E-C5A9-4B36-91E0-E2C33FBBDE0D@microsoft.com...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I've been trying to configure XP SP3 to use machine only authentication
    >> on
    >> our 102.1x network. I found and am trying to follow KB article 929847
    >>
    >> However, when I try to follow the command "netsh wlan export profile
    >> folder=c:\" as instructed I get "The following command was not found:
    >> wlan."
    >>
    >> I've tried to port over a copy of the vista command with no sucsess, it
    >> doesn't run.
    >>
    >> I hope someone can help me work this odd one.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >> Steve

  4. Re: SP3 Netsh command does not include wlan command.

    I have ran the Netsh command but it does not have the WLAN command in it. I'm
    unsure what you mean by enabling WLAN... it's running on a laptop with
    wireless sucsefully connecting over 802.1x WPA2.

    Based on KB 929847 I would expect the Netsh command in SP3 to have the WLAN
    command in it as vista does.

    Any further advice would be very much appreciated.

    "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > If you have XP SP3, you have an option to export wlan using netsh. Have you
    > enable WLAN? Post the result of ipconfig /all may help too.
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    > "Pavel A." wrote in message
    > > Netsh on WinXP does not have "wlan" command.
    > > I'm not sure how to export profiles on XP; they are only a subset of Vista
    > > profiles.
    > > Maybe you can write a small program using WLAN API to get the profiles
    > > and save them where ever you want.
    > >
    > > --PA
    > >

    > > "Stephen Liffen" Liffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > > message news:25DB781E-C5A9-4B36-91E0-E2C33FBBDE0D@microsoft.com...
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I've been trying to configure XP SP3 to use machine only authentication
    > >> on
    > >> our 102.1x network. I found and am trying to follow KB article 929847
    > >>
    > >> However, when I try to follow the command "netsh wlan export profile
    > >> folder=c:\" as instructed I get "The following command was not found:
    > >> wlan."
    > >>
    > >> I've tried to port over a copy of the vista command with no sucsess, it
    > >> doesn't run.
    > >>
    > >> I hope someone can help me work this odd one.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance
    > >> Steve

  5. Re: SP3 Netsh command does not include wlan command.

    Stephen Liffen wrote:
    > I have ran the Netsh command but it does not have the WLAN command in it. I'm
    > unsure what you mean by enabling WLAN... it's running on a laptop with
    > wireless sucsefully connecting over 802.1x WPA2.
    >
    > Based on KB 929847 I would expect the Netsh command in SP3 to have the WLAN
    > command in it as vista does.

    XP SP3 doesn't seem to have netsh wlan command.

    > Any further advice would be very much appreciated.
    >
    > "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> If you have XP SP3, you have an option to export wlan using netsh. Have you
    >> enable WLAN? Post the result of ipconfig /all may help too.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >> "Pavel A." wrote in message
    >>> Netsh on WinXP does not have "wlan" command.
    >>> I'm not sure how to export profiles on XP; they are only a subset of Vista
    >>> profiles.
    >>> Maybe you can write a small program using WLAN API to get the profiles
    >>> and save them where ever you want.
    >>>
    >>> --PA
    >>>

    >>> "Stephen Liffen" Liffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >>> message news:25DB781E-C5A9-4B36-91E0-E2C33FBBDE0D@microsoft.com...