Can't see workgroup computers - Wireless

This is a discussion on Can't see workgroup computers - Wireless ; Hello all, I have two computers that I am trying to share files between. I have everything matching on both computers re: workgroup name, file sharing turned on, file sharing enabled on hard drives, etc. On the Host machine I ...

  1. Can't see workgroup computers

    Hello all,

    I have two computers that I am trying to share files between. I have
    everything matching on both computers re: workgroup name, file sharing turned
    on, file sharing enabled on hard drives, etc.

    On the Host machine I can see both computers in the work group, but on the
    client machine I cannot see the Host computer, only the client. What gives?

    Thanks in advance to all.

  2. Re: Can't see workgroup computers

    "Scientific" wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have two computers that I am trying to share files between. I have
    > everything matching on both computers re: workgroup name, file sharing
    > turned
    > on, file sharing enabled on hard drives, etc.
    >
    > On the Host machine I can see both computers in the work group, but on the
    > client machine I cannot see the Host computer, only the client. What
    > gives?
    >
    > Thanks in advance to all.

    Firewall settings on both comps.

  3. Re: Can't see workgroup computers

    Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Scientific" wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have two computers that I am trying to share files between. I have
    > everything matching on both computers re: workgroup name, file sharing
    > turned
    > on, file sharing enabled on hard drives, etc.
    >
    > On the Host machine I can see both computers in the work group, but on the
    > client machine I cannot see the Host computer, only the client. What
    > gives?
    >
    > Thanks in advance to all.

+ Reply to Thread