Mind gone blank - always use LAN - Wireless

This is a discussion on Mind gone blank - always use LAN - Wireless ; Just seen a reference to "Always connect using LAN" in one of the posts. Idly flicked through to check my settings - and can't find it! I know I've seen it before. Tried "Internet Options" and have "Never dial a ...

  1. Mind gone blank - always use LAN

    Just seen a reference to "Always connect using LAN" in one of the posts.

    Idly flicked through to check my settings - and can't find it!

    I know I've seen it before.

    Tried "Internet Options" and have "Never dial a connection" selected and
    also clicked on LAN Settings - no mention there.

    Also, tried Properties in both LAN and WLAN.

    I think I'm going mad - help!

  2. Re: Mind gone blank - always use LAN

    "Smirnoff" wrote in message
    > Just seen a reference to "Always connect using LAN" in one of the posts.
    > Idly flicked through to check my settings - and can't find it!
    > I know I've seen it before.
    > Tried "Internet Options" and have "Never dial a connection" selected and
    > also clicked on LAN Settings - no mention there.
    > Also, tried Properties in both LAN and WLAN.
    > I think I'm going mad - help!

    I think "Never dial a connection" means the same thing. If it never dials a
    connection,...then it has to use the LAN.

    I think the "Always Connect using LAN" is an option in the Internet
    Connection Wizard that runs the first time Internet Explorer is run from a
    machine that has just had a new copy of Windows installed. I think
    choosing "Always Connect using LAN" sets the item "Never dial a connection".

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

  3. Re: Mind gone blank - always use LAN

    "Phillip Windell" wrote in message
    > "Smirnoff" wrote in message
    >> Just seen a reference to "Always connect using LAN" in one of the
    >> posts.
    >> Idly flicked through to check my settings - and can't find it!
    >> I know I've seen it before.
    >> Tried "Internet Options" and have "Never dial a connection" selected
    >> and also clicked on LAN Settings - no mention there.
    >> Also, tried Properties in both LAN and WLAN.
    >> I think I'm going mad - help!

    > I think "Never dial a connection" means the same thing. If it never
    > dials a connection,...then it has to use the LAN.
    >
    > I think the "Always Connect using LAN" is an option in the Internet
    > Connection Wizard that runs the first time Internet Explorer is run
    > from a machine that has just had a new copy of Windows installed. I
    > think choosing "Always Connect using LAN" sets the item "Never dial a
    > connection".
    >
    > --
    > Phillip Windell
    > www.wandtv.com
    >
    > The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or
    > Microsoft,

    Sorry if this appears twice. It's been sitting in my "Sent" box for ages
    now. Anyway:

    Thanks but I just found it, I KNEW I'd seen it before.

    Using WLM, Tools>Accounts (highlight)>Properties>Connection.

    You are right of course "Never dial a connection" means the same thing.
    Just couldn't remember where I saw that particular dialogue box. Didn't
    think of my e-mail.

    Thanks.

  4. Re: Mind gone blank - always use LAN

    Hi
    Look at the Browser's Internet Options, choose the Connection TAB, it is
    right in the middle.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "Smirnoff" wrote in message

    > "Phillip Windell" wrote in message
    >> "Smirnoff" wrote in message
    >>> Just seen a reference to "Always connect using LAN" in one of the posts.
    >>> Idly flicked through to check my settings - and can't find it!
    >>> I know I've seen it before.
    >>> Tried "Internet Options" and have "Never dial a connection" selected and
    >>> also clicked on LAN Settings - no mention there.
    >>> Also, tried Properties in both LAN and WLAN.
    >>> I think I'm going mad - help!

    >> I think "Never dial a connection" means the same thing. If it never
    >> dials a connection,...then it has to use the LAN.
    >>
    >> I think the "Always Connect using LAN" is an option in the Internet
    >> Connection Wizard that runs the first time Internet Explorer is run from
    >> a machine that has just had a new copy of Windows installed. I think
    >> choosing "Always Connect using LAN" sets the item "Never dial a
    >> connection".
    >>
    >> --
    >> Phillip Windell
    >> www.wandtv.com
    >>
    >> The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or
    >> Microsoft,
    >> or anyone else associated with me, including my cats.
    >>

    > Sorry if this appears twice. It's been sitting in my "Sent" box for ages
    > now. Anyway:
    >
    > Thanks but I just found it, I KNEW I'd seen it before.
    >
    > Using WLM, Tools>Accounts (highlight)>Properties>Connection.
    >
    > You are right of course "Never dial a connection" means the same thing.
    > Just couldn't remember where I saw that particular dialogue box. Didn't
    > think of my e-mail.
    >
    > Thanks.

  5. Re: Mind gone blank - always use LAN

    Thanks but I've found what I was looking for. Not "Never dial a
    connection" but the dialogue box that says "Always connect using LAN"

    Please see my comments at the bottom of this thread.

+ Reply to Thread