Newbie on wireless connection - Wireless

This is a discussion on Newbie on wireless connection - Wireless ; I have recently reinstalled Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. We run a Linksys wireless network in our home, how do I get this laptop to connect with the wireless network. When I run the IP ...

  1. Newbie on wireless connection

    I have recently reinstalled Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell Inspiron 8600
    laptop. We run a Linksys wireless network in our home, how do I get this
    laptop to connect with the wireless network. When I run the IP config
    command it shows no IP address. I am a newbie at this so please help!!!

  2. Re: Newbie on wireless connection

    "weilmom" wrote in message
    >I have recently reinstalled Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell Inspiron 8600
    > laptop. We run a Linksys wireless network in our home, how do I get this
    > laptop to connect with the wireless network. When I run the IP config
    > command it shows no IP address. I am a newbie at this so please help!!!

    Visit ezlan.net

  3. Re: Newbie on wireless connection

    weilmom wrote:
    > I have recently reinstalled Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell Inspiron 8600
    > laptop. We run a Linksys wireless network in our home, how do I get this
    > laptop to connect with the wireless network. When I run the IP config
    > command it shows no IP address. I am a newbie at this so please help!!!

    Is the wireless adapter turned on?

    Did you install the drivers for the wireless adapter?

    What does Device Manager show?

    What does "no IP address" mean?

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

  4. Re: Newbie on wireless connection

    Hi
    There is not enough technical info to provide direct answer.
    Maybe this can Help,
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    "weilmom" wrote in message
    >I have recently reinstalled Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell Inspiron 8600
    > laptop. We run a Linksys wireless network in our home, how do I get this
    > laptop to connect with the wireless network. When I run the IP config
    > command it shows no IP address. I am a newbie at this so please help!!!

+ Reply to Thread