XP SP3 not connecting to Non-broadcasted network - Wireless

This is a discussion on XP SP3 not connecting to Non-broadcasted network - Wireless ; All, Have an enterprise wireless network with a non-broadcasted SSID. Using Windows XP SP2 Zero Config with KB917021 update everything works fine. If we use SP3 which includes KB917021 it will not connect to the non-broadcasted SSID. Has anyone seen ...

  1. XP SP3 not connecting to Non-broadcasted network

    All,

    Have an enterprise wireless network with a non-broadcasted SSID.
    Using Windows XP SP2 Zero Config with KB917021 update everything works
    fine. If we use SP3 which includes KB917021 it will not connect to
    the non-broadcasted SSID. Has anyone seen this before? Any hints or
    solutions would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Scott S.

  2. Re: XP SP3 not connecting to Non-broadcasted network

    Hi
    That is a usual occurrence with most Entry Level Wireless Devices, they
    would not work reliable when the SSID is Off.
    Since serious security should be at least WPA you can assume that any one
    who can brake WPA would know how to find/sniff a dormant SSID in 10 sec.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    wrote in message
    > All,
    >
    > Have an enterprise wireless network with a non-broadcasted SSID.
    > Using Windows XP SP2 Zero Config with KB917021 update everything works
    > fine. If we use SP3 which includes KB917021 it will not connect to
    > the non-broadcasted SSID. Has anyone seen this before? Any hints or
    > solutions would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Scott S.

+ Reply to Thread